New NEV - Mullen Urbee 100e and 100e4

so this is the Atomic?

Bob

Nope! The Atomics have the same standard doors as everything else that I have seen. They are down at a convention in FL right now showing off a pink number with custom wheels and seats. Pictures are on Facebook.

It’s official. I bought one! I think I got a pretty good deal on it at $6995 (plus shipping). It’s brand new. Has 11 miles on it, which according to the seller, 8 of which was his dad. The guy runs an ATV shop, and has quite a few Jonway vehicles. Apparently he bought this for his 72 year old father who LOVED IT. But mom said “no way”, and out on the sales floor it went.

I should have it in a little more than 2 weeks. I will of course, post some pictures and videos once it arrives. :wink:

This is a picture of the car that I purchased …

Transformer for adults. Congratulations!!!

Congrats…

I got my “Massimo Jonway Urbee” delivered yesterday. It is every bit as fun as the pictures and videos suggested. I will upload some pictures and videos of my own here soon. I was hoping to get it titled and put plates on it the same day, but the MCO was mailed out, and won’t be here until Monday. So over the weekend I am just making trips up and down my driveway. :slight_smile: I am like a kid at Christmas.

Only problem that I have encountered so far … is the charger cable. I unboxed it, and it’s got a Chinese standard (Type I) plug on the end of it. CRAP? It will take more than a little travel kit to make this work. Because I need to convert 110v to 220v. It appears that I will need a step-up transformer.

Anyone have any idea what sort of wattage I would need? They come in all sizes. Most popular being 500w and 1000w. Something like this?. I may need to drill down to the controller to see what is in there.

congrats on getting the car… looking forward to the photos… end of my expertise

Bob

Imgur Some pictures! :slight_smile:

Also I found in the manual it warned that things can get hot while charging because it’s 2000watt. So that answers that. By the way the manual is quite funny. It seems like they used an online translator to make the English version. I want to scan a copy to a PDF at some point and I will share it here.

WAIT… how did the guy who sold it to you charge his? in reading the above message… you say he bought one for his 72 year old Dad…

Bob

[quote=eS GEM Colo;23723]WAIT… how did the guy who sold it to you charge his? in reading the above message… you say he bought one for his 72 year old Dad…

Bob[/quote]

Yeah, but the charger was still boxed up. It had never been used. He only drove it 11 miles and it still shows a full charge. :slight_smile:

I couldn’t find much about this vehicle before I bought it, and I wanted to share whatever information I could with the community. One of the first things I did was scan the manual into a PDF file. This was no doubt cranked out using a Mandarin to English translation tool and so some of the wording in this thing is laughably bad.

I am actually working on rewriting this manual with better language. I scanned it using a book reader tool, and then I can crank out a corrected version of this PDF that still includes all the same colors, pictures, etc. I plan on sending a copy back to the company too (for what it’s worth).

ENJOY? …
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD - Dropbox (may need a Dropbox account?)
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD - Google Drive (may need a Google account?)

Ray

Thanks from all of us for the information.

Rodney

Ray… have you seen this FB group… maybe they can be some help https://www.facebook.com/mullenmotorsco?fref=photo

Bob

Yeah, perhaps I will pester them because I also want to see if anyone has been successful in reprogramming the controller in these. I popped a few screws today to take a look at it. Looks like your run of the mill controller. But the part number, etc is likely on the bottom. And the weather in Ohio today was just not good for getting too involved.

I did find that on the side of the controller is a plugged DIN port. I popped off the rubber cover and tried to take a picture with my phone. From my blurry picture it looks like a 10 pin plug. 10 pins? Not sure if that’s right because I can’t find anything else that is 10 pins!

Perhaps tomorrow I will try again.

I got back into my car today and dug my controller out to get some better photos of it. Sadly, there are no good identifying remarks on it. Other than the big number engraved on the top of it which looks more like a serial number than a part number.

Ah, but what’s this? Yes, a standard 9-pin DIN serial plug! Let’s assume that it can be programmed … somehow.

Here is what the battery and motor contacts look like on the other side. They are not normally exposed. I remove the little plastic cover to get this picture.

And just for fun, this is what the “mark plate” looks like …

I dug a little deeper into the rabbit hole today.

I unbolted my controller, removed it, and then removed the “lid” which is actually the bottom panel. It seems to be built upside-down so that the hottest elements will be cooled by the heat-sink / fan underneath.

Guess what I found inside?

GOOOOOP!!

I suppose I should be impressed with how well this was sealed. No chance of corrosion happening on that circuit board. But I was a little sad that if I tilted it back and forth in the sunlight I could make out “TX” and “RX” on the circuit board (unsoldered posts). That would probably have been where I would attach a serial cable to make programming changes.

And how about another shot of that bizarro port on the side for uses unknown?

This is no doubt a 10-pin DIN connector. But it’s unlike any I have ever seen. That arrangement is crazy.

No good news today in my explorations. Although I did put it all back together and it still works. So that is good news! :wink:

[quote=eS GEM Colo;23407]there is another company ATOMIC ELECTRIC VEHICLES based in Indiana… seem to have the same car… the owner Jim Rice is a friend on FB… seems to be a nice guy… has dealers in Fla at this time… believe this car is an Asian car also sold as a Stallions

[]Atomic Electric Vehicles - Atomic Electric Vehicles[/quote]

Talked with Jim today as he came in our showroom in Florida. Neat LSV and Jim is altering to make better !

Jim Rice has been posting photos of the Atomic on FB… most can be seen in the group GEM Car photos… he has a two seat… a four seat… a full body pickup coming

Bob

For anyone wondering what it’s like to go for a ride in one of these … I took a shaky video of my morning commute in the dark. :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZqtZffcdxk

Congratulations on Making this Wonderful Electric Vehicle Is it Preferable for Adults. Because i want to Gift to my Son. His age is about 17. :grinning: