Hello, I’m from the Netherlands, I recently bought a Renault Twizy and I will use this - among others - forum to learn and share anything about electric driving. Around me ,I see that more and more people go for fullEV, plug-in hybrids and hybrids :slight_smile:

I’ve been in favour of EV’s for a long time now and I just recently saw an opportunity to put a little Twizy to use. Mainy for commuting between home and work.

I grew up a Petrolhead, but about 5 to 6 years ago I started disliking the fumes, the innefficient use of energy that is within just 1 single liter of fuel, the noise it produces (wich people just have to listen to whether they like it or not) and so on.

That doesn’t mean I don’t see purpose in using ICE’s for the years to come. Switching to mass EV’s needs time. People need to adjust, infrastructure needs to adjust and ofcourse the technology needs overall improvement.

I currently have 2 forms of transportation. A 50cc 4stroke touringscooter and the Twizy. So my fuel consumption is okay for now.

But EV’s are already good enough for 95,0% of all the personal transport I need, so let’s do this!

Hi NewDink2012

First of all, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I would be interested to hear how the EV market is performing in the Netherlands? It seems to be growing in popularity around the world but some areas seem to be more supportive than others.

Regards,

Mark

with close to 2.500 Tesla’s, countless hybrids & plugin hybrids, hybrid and full EV passanger busses within public transport and at our national airport Schiphol and a good amount of other cars like the Zoe and LEAF we are doing okay at the moment. Without the pink glasses on I still see a huge amount of ICE’s idling away in jammed traffic, but that number chips away year after year.

On dutch forums I read alot from people that really would like to go full EV after test driven one or having rented one but face, like many of us do, the high prices.

The amount of money I put down for my new Twizy will still raise a lot of eyebrows here.

This is one of the major hurdles, which the industry will eventually overcome, what do you do first? Wait until volumes increase before reducing prices or reduce prices now, take a short term loss but hope that volumes increase so that manufacturers can make money in the medium to longer term?

Government financial assistance is also vital in the short term but will not last forever.

Regards,

Mark

Just had my first whole day with the Twizy. Is a real nice and fun form of personal transport.