New in Town and was hoping for direction, Thank You in advanced

Hello, I just signed up on the forum. The owner of the company I work at has a 2002 GEM e825 four seat. Since I’m the company fixer I get the dubious honor in fixing his cart when it breaks, which means I will probably be a fixture on this site. He doesn’t really take care of things like his cart and he literally lives on the ocean so as I fix one thing I will see 5 things that are or about to go wrong (if its simple and I can quickly fix it I will) but sometimes I’ll see pandora’s box and I really don’t want to open it and look inside. During my time with this company I’ve learned a lot of tricks, just got done painting the cart, front end is plastic and the rear end is fiberglass…Go figure!! With that said Krylon Fusion spray paint IS THE BOMB!! There’s all kinds of different colors and sheen including a couple Mettalic colors, don’t have to primer or anything just give it a good wash. I’m always happy to give my 2 cents, whether you get change back or not depends on the question :). With intro out of the way I need help on finding the headlight electrical diagram for the 2002 e825, I bought new ones and didn’t notice that there appears to be 2 + and 2- One of each goes directly to the lights and the other pair attach to the mounted screws, this has me thrown for a loop. I have 18 years construction background so picking up a wrench is easy plus growing up if I had a nickle for every electronic device or whatever around the house that I took apart and couldn’t figure out how to put back together I’d be extremely rich. Well that’s my story and I’m sticking to it and hopefully this will be a long and helpful relationship.

Welcome to the Fourm. The Early cars have their fair share of issues. So that means you will be well employed. Perhaps you can urge your Boss to purchase a newer gem 2006+ they seem to have fewer issues. But from the sound how you describe your boss and the company they seem to rather patch up Junk rather then buy new and not waste time and $ on constant repairs

I believe part of the reason for his riches is he picks the immediate cost effectiveness and I’ve become a victim of my own success on fixing things for him (I’m about 50-50 fix it and forget to it works for now on a wide spread of different things). The good news is job security, I work with some flat out mean, close minded people who like to throw their title around (I trained my boss at the time and after just 2 months she felt she knew more than me and I had to go because when I did something superb and got a good job she felt she was the one that should of got the good job and she’ll divvy out the good jobs to people that she felt fit). Anyway thanks for the welcoming mat and the depressing news on the abundance of early model issues :grimacing:. I have already downloaded, printed and put into a binder the service manual, have a feeling it will be my new bible.