Marketing ideas

We are looking at various new ways to increase the profile of the forum, increase traffic, increase posts and ultimately increase membership. Some ideas we have come up with so far include:-

Campaign to increase the awareness of electric vehicles, via some form of badge which people can add to their website, Facebook, etc.

Creating branded or unbranded sub forums for third-party car websites where their members can chat and the website owner has full control of that particular sub forum.

A ranking system for new electric cars, and existing electric cars, which allows members to give each individual vehicle a score out of 10.

Looking for members who attend electric car shows around the world and asking for feedback which we could add to the forum.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions please post them on to this thread.

Hi Bob, I attend several functions during the year, One of them is at Schoolcraft College where we let the public look at our cars and even test drive some of them. We also have a course set up in part of the parking lot to race them against the clock, it is great fun. I came in second one year and third the next. I talk almost non stop from the begining of it to the end and have mentioned the forum many times. i am the Safety Officer for the Michigan Electric Auto Assotation and we have a web page also. I could ask If I could get permission to post a Ad there for you. Also a banner could be set up with your web address to promote your site if you wanted to invest in one. Or we just hand out business cards to promote our club. We don’t get much traffic on our web page only about 110 hits a month. A banner would get some attention though I feel.

Bob

[QUOTE=Editor;14792]We are looking at various new ways to increase the profile of the forum, increase traffic, increase posts and ultimately increase membership. Some ideas we have come up with so far include:-

Campaign to increase the awareness of electric vehicles, via some form of badge which people can add to their website, Facebook, etc.

Creating branded or unbranded sub forums for third-party car websites where their members can chat and the website owner has full control of that particular sub forum.

A ranking system for new electric cars, and existing electric cars, which allows members to give each individual vehicle a score out of 10.

Looking for members who attend electric car shows around the world and asking for feedback which we could add to the forum.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions please post them on to this thread.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob

Thanks for the feedback and the great ideas.

Firstly, may I introduce myself, I am Mark and recently joined Bob’s business on a full time basis. My role is to increase awareness of the forum, promote what we stand for and try to increase member interaction. We are looking at new ways to promote the site and will be putting together a marketing strategy over the coming days.

I will make a note of your comments and when we decide exactly what we are going to do we will be in touch.

Regards,

Mark