Looking for parts

I have a friend who just bought a GEM car… it was off CL and ‘sold as in perfect shape for it’s age’ … the age was misrepresented as well… he needs a few things… can you help… know you may have an extra laying around or upgraded or know of someone parting out a car and have the part…

hood latch

wiper motor and arm

rear window covering or window

ignition as they owner must have misplaced the key one day and installed a toggle switch…

maybe you want to add items to this thread as well that you are looking for

Bob

Here is some help with parts:

The hood latch is Southco C7-10. Complete documentation exists on their site. These sell for under $15 on Amazon.

I have never researched the wiper motor and arm.

I have had several rear window coverings repaired and replaced by a local marine canvas and vinyl shop. Replacement windows and coverings are also sold by NEV Accessories.

A much more affordable ignition switch is NAPA KS6040 or KS6115 in their Echlin brand. These sell about $15.

http://www.electricforum.com/cars/neighborhood-vehicles/2626-lists-alternative-superseded-parts.html

Please check the thread above for many other alternative parts.

Daniel

thanks Daniel… have found most of what he needs… have found some guys who part out cars… I’m looking for a short bed… just the bed… saw a couple on CL a while back… didn’t need one then

Bob

EDIT: I was going to tell you about the GEM car photos group on Facebook. But then I put two and two together and realized that you are the top poster of that group. And you had already posted there about looking for a bed!!

Woops. Sorry about that Bob! But hey, it’s worth mentioning here for others that might read this a year from now. :wink:

thanks Steve for posting the GEM car Photo link… think it’s a good place to post photos of cars… members as well as the fun ones that pop up on facebook as well as some that I find on Craigslist for the people who don’t have a GEM car or might be looking for a second or third… this is another group for the GEM car owners https://www.facebook.com/groups/GEMthevillagesflorida/ … not restricted to FL

Bob