lithium battery possibilites for a 2015 e4

Daaaannng!!! I have been playfully accused of being the wordiest one here.
With this response I feel I might need to tear that merit patch off my sash and hand it over to you.

For me to step in and help, I tend to ask all kinds of (what may seem like) unnecessary questions in order to get a feel on who I am actually dealing with. I will adjust my responses from simple to technical depending on who is needing the help.

We get all kinds of people through here that range from those that just want the quick answers, get your car running, and disappear, probably flip the cheap car and make a quick buck. to those that actually want to learn stuff and actually end up becoming a valuable part of the community. If that happens we all profit.

The way you originally jumped in seemed like the impatient first type. Not that I wouldn’t have helped, but I was just trying to slow you down before you smoked something by poking at the wrong things.

Yep- I was sniffing you out. You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found worthy.

This is going to take me a few passes and hits to answer back. If I miss something, feel free to point it out.

Possibly I should have been more obvious, but back up in post 2 I tried to point you to the archives(the magnifying glass tool). This was not a brush off, but honestly most of your questions are in the archives. True, sometimes it can be difficult to navigate if you don’t use the correct keywords and true,it takes a bit of time to poke around in there. There are decades of build threads from the legacy builders and guys much smarter than me. I spent a year in there figuring all this stuff out.

Me) I attempted a google search for DQDB charger and almost nothing came up. I did see some where a $100-80 kit for programming. I dint have tome to look into what it was for or what it could do

Yes- A few here have that kit. By loading a few extra profiles on it the DQ charger is actually quite a respectable charger that will handle a wide voltage range.

battery tech has been found to be problematic

Why would prismatic cells be worn out in a year?

LFP/Lifepo4 does not have a good reputation in here. Most of the gang went through LFP a few years back and did not see good results. Not too many (none?) are running it today. It might have been part due to being very difficult to keep in balance(affordable tech not available at the time), part due to not really being able to handle the loads these cars draw, but they all ended up too much of a hassle. Then the junk car packs started showing up and becoming affordable and following the chemistries that the big boys are actually using seemed like a better idea.

I find it interesting that the cart world is exploding with LFP drop in options today as a solution. Several people have gone against advice offered here and returned a year later asking more questions (search keyword allied). We can get into that later if you want, but since that is not what you are doing, I won’t expand further.

What would be the downfall to using the 66% leaf cells?

The space they take up, the work involved, They are already at 66% of their original 64ah. Range will be limited even on a stock cart.
Here is a snip from the archives. Date 2020.

Rivian Modules

I have been told by someone in the Gem forum to not go above 86 v.

Depending on who that was, they either don’t know, or you misenterpreted the answer.

Factory config of the Gem lower V is around 68v or it will throw a code 15 (as you already experienced)
Factory config High is around 86v. Any higher will throw a code 16.
The hot rod/legacy guys found out these things respond really well to higher voltages. Seems I remember they got a couple runs all the way up around 100v before too many components started smoking too much and they backed it all down. Those were fun times. Today, a comfortable mod is in the 88~90v range, but anything lower is still considered too if a battery is limited.
To run higher voltage above 86v a few tweaks are needed on the controller inputs to pass the code 16 check.

More coming tomorrow.
I need to shut down for now.