Improved EV battery performance - soon?

I am a new member, so please excuse me if this topic has already been covered. As a recent buyer of a Zenn electric vehicle, I am just wondering what might be available as replacement batteries in three or four years.

It would certainly be fantastic if one could install affordable replacement batteries into their EV which would provide a significant increase in range between charges.

I know that the Zenn company is associated with an organization called EESTOR. EESTOR is trying to develop such a battery, and I hope they succeed.

Comments and/or information are very welcome. Thank you. :slight_smile:

sadly in 3-4 years probably nothing. The batteries needed Large Format Nimhs already exist. Its just illegal to make them (chevron is sitting on the patent that they bought from GM a decade ago).

Unless someone makes something NEW it will be 2015 before we can touch the batteries we really need (Patent Expires 2015)

GLASS BUBBLERS

[QUOTE=nerys;1746]sadly in 3-4 years probably nothing. The batteries needed Large Format Nimhs already exist. Its just illegal to make them (chevron is sitting on the patent that they bought from GM a decade ago).

Unless someone makes something NEW it will be 2015 before we can touch the batteries we really need (Patent Expires 2015)[/QUOTE]

Yet another example of big business holding up progress. Exactly the same scenario occured in 2003 when big oil and the major automobile manufacturers joined forces to kill the electric vehicle and destroy all traces. It’s disgusting. :mad:

yea i posted about the batteries. looks awesome, but i dont know how soon we’ll see them though… although they do have lots of potential with different companys especially governmental use…