Im Converting My Jetski But Need Some Help

so even if i run 4x12v batteries at 65ah each the ah rating does not multiply is that what your saying

[QUOTE=sparky71;3505] also i want use 3x12v alternaters to charge or to use as a power sorce at 36v and to prolong the life of the battery pack dont know if this can be done tho CAN ANYONE HELP…all info would be helpful to me and the rest of the world many thanks sparky.[/QUOTE]

What do you plan to have turn the alternators? If it’s your electric motor you’ll be wasting energy not prolonging the life of the battery pack.

[QUOTE=sparky71;4336]so even if i run 4x12v batteries at 65ah each the ah rating does not multiply is that what your saying[/QUOTE]

thats exactly what I’m saying.

Ah do NOT add unless you put the batteries in parallel.

the battery pack will be 3120Watt Hours no matter how you look at it. 12V at 260Ah or 48V at 65 Ah, or 24V at 130Ah.

Do this, add up the Wh of each battery… 12*65=780

780 * (4 batteries) = 3120

you’re trying to say that 260*48= 12,480. That isn’t right.

parallel ??? im not an expert when comes to battery technology im more of an engineer and fabricator do you mean link them all together to make one battery pack if so thats what i was going to do

Sounds like you need to read up on basic electricity concepts…

If you don’t know what the difference between series and parallel is, then you shouldn’t be undertaking this project until you do. Read the link below fully.

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-24.htm

Consider reading other parts of the site as well.

thanks for that info on battery tech.Ive just had an email from someone who has already done this with a seado but to get it plaining it daws loads of amps so im now looking at 4x12v@200ah batteries, and now im going to run them parallel giving 800ah is that right dont want to seem thick infront you guys,but would that fry everything or would the control unit only take what it needs

4 batteries can be installed in 3 ways with 12V 200Ah batteries.

48V and 200Ah pack

24V and 400Ah pack

12V and 800Ah pack

you cannot make a 48V 800Ah battery pack with only 4 batteries. It would actually take 16 batteries. You need volts for speed, and amps for torque. 12V at 800A would give you tons of torque, but you’d only get to about 10mph and thats about it. 48V would give you some good grunt (with 200Ah bats), but a MUCH higher top speed… 4 times faster.

They all give you the same power. 800A cable is going to be expensive, 200A cable is much easier to work with. The controller doesn’t care how you hook the pack, it wants power (volts times amps).

You have selected a very difficult item ( Jet Ski ) to convert to electric.

Jet Skis require lotza power to get the speeds they like to be run at.

Add the weight of batteries and you may get a water craft that can move under EV Power but it may be more of a Bog Ski than a Jet Ski.

Different speeds / sizes / arrangements of the jet pump is somewhat like the old amps or volts battery story. What you are lacking is power and revamping the drive components will not add any magic in that department. High RPM electric motors mean nothing if they do not also have high horse power.

The small electric motor in a hard disk drives turns at a very high RPM but has very little power.

Without significant break thrus in both electric motors and electric energy storage a successful Jet Ski conversion that can run with even a low performance conventional powered Jet Ski is asking for a whole lot.

Anybody know of a successful EV Powered Water Ski Tow Boat? I would bet not.

There is a reason you see 2 or 3 - 200+ HP outboards packed onto the rear of high performance watercraft and it is to enable them to go fast on water.

Going fast in any watercraft is a very power hungry application!

so im a bit of a pickle then my motor is only 24 to 48v http://www.electricvehiclesusa.com/product_p/ki-etekdelux.htm This is the kit that im waiting for so what would you suggest,to get best out of it frodus,im thinking of going middle of the road 24v 400amps Serial/parallel connection .But remeber i am gearing this up eather 2.1 or 3.1 ill have to figure that out once ive
got all the bits together,ill have to use a taco to do the testing to figure out what rpm the motor runs at at 24v i know it runs at 3360 at 48v

well, just because it says 24-48 doesn’t mean you can’t use it at 60V… its fine for 1-2 times the voltage range. You start running into problems at higher voltages (like 120, 144…etc). You should be ok. Just stick to 48Volts and put 4 large batteries in it. 100Ah batteries should be PLENTY. they peak over 600 with some of them.

Why do you want to run 24V? you’re not going to get much RPM. People use etek motors at 72V on motorcycles no problem.