How to increase a Gem's range

Complete setup with pictures coming

In a message dated 6/7/2020 3:38:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

I found your 7th battery hack. But now you will still need to spoof the controller? Also with the regen, do we need to reprogram the T4?

Connect the 7th battery between the contactor and controller. Then only the motor sees the higher voltage.
At your own risk! As Rodney says. :slight_smile:

I’ve been thinking about adding another FLA to the pack for 84v and getting a 84v charger so there won’t be a need for a separate charging port, but since the car is in FL and batteries apparently don’t last more than a couple of years down here, I don’t know what to do.

With my T4 Rebuild by FSIP, they seem to have done something to now allow my Programmer to log in or find it? So adding a 7th battery and using Rodney’s Hack and Dave’s Spoof, what else is needed? No heater on this E6.
@Inwo @grantwest @Old_Houseboater @LithiumGods

12 volt charger for extra battery

I got the charger but do I need to reprogram anything on the Controller?

No but you have more capability. Are you looking for range or speed. The catch 22 here is a lot of guys claim they want range but put their foot in it and complain. The way to get range is to program the controller to 30 MPH. :grin:

The controller is locked by FSIP and gets to 30 and no more so I assume they raised it to 30. No regen seems to engage.

Is this T3 from 2005?

In a message dated 6/10/2020 8:03:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

No, it’s a 2011 T4 rebuilt by FSIP. I tried to program it but could not get it found by the programmer.

I hope you got the pics. If not my email is ..ironpumper4life@gmail.com. I appreciate your help in my error code 57 issue. Thanks

Thankyou king happy for replying. Forum wont let me send pics. Frustrating. Could you email me ? Ironpumper4life@gmail.com. thanks Dan

Hmmm

What Sentry Program did you use?

In a message dated 6/10/2020 9:06:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

I have GE sentry Version 4.07.00e

Hmm
I don’t have a problem getting into the T4

Have you been successful prior or just this one with your software.

The first address mentions connection problems. The 2nd is the program I have, Is this the same as yours?

http://www.forklift-electronics.com/sentry.htm

Hhttp://www.forklift-electronics.com/GEMT4.html

Special r4f sw locks you out. @LithiumGods ?

This is a rebuilt FSIP and I assumed it was a T4 but is the 2011 a T4 or a T5? I assumed my Sentry would still see something?

I had no problems with 2 other T4 reads