How to increase a Gem's range

OH!? I will run out there now to see. Will be back to you shortly.

I could not connect to the FS controller. Tried changing ports with no luck

Can the DQ be reprogrammed for a 7th battery algorithm?

No you would need a 84v charger . @Inwo had a guy put a extra battery with dedicated charger right before controller and it worked .

I charge the first 6 batteries with the Zivan. for the 7th battery I have a small 6 amp mini charger with a read out. I plug both in at the same time. Always 100% in the morning

This is the thread Mike was referencing LiFePo4 "7th battery" on a lead bottom GEM

1 Like

@LithiumGods What are the setting for regen? I am swapping parts with my guy tomorrow and he’s bringing his controller.

decrease 19 and 20 . Try 100

@LithiumGods Cool, thank you.

Fyi , I turned regen to 1 once . Let off the gas and almost put my nose into the windsheild . I think there is a differnece in regen depneding on type of battery pack .

Bigger numbers equal less regen.

Which controller?

On a T2, 20 is not a regen setting.
#19 is "FIELD CURRENT RAMP RATE DURING OVERSPEED PEDAL UP REGEN "
#20 is "MPH OVER SPEED LIMIT "

Other regen settings on a T2:
#9 is “REGEN ARMATURE CURRENT LIMIT”
#10 is “REGEN FIELD CURRENT LIMIT”
#21 is "ARMATURE CURRENT RAMP DURING PEDAL UP REGEN "

I was refering to a T4 or T5 . Just looked at the T2 manual . It does it differently . It apprears you would raise 9 and 10 to increase regen amps . I have not done it with a T2 so cant be sure .

The t4/5 you can adjust amps but there is another setting that allows you to adjust the amount of regen . #19 &20

Thanks Mike. I’ll give those settings a try this weekend.

Thanks for the update. I guess I should have been more clear on what controller I have.

Well unfortunately, changing the #9 and #10 settings didn’t seem to make any difference or it was so minimal that it wasn’t noticed. I kind of saw this in the other threads. No one really mentioned any success. Thanks for looking into it I guess in the end though the T2 just isn’t going to do regen braking.

If the 7th is still in the series, how can the 72 volt charger can charge the 6 while the 7th is in the circuit? I do understand the dedicated charger wired to the 7th.

Complete setup with pictures coming

In a message dated 6/7/2020 3:38:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

I found your 7th battery hack. But now you will still need to spoof the controller? Also with the regen, do we need to reprogram the T4?

Connect the 7th battery between the contactor and controller. Then only the motor sees the higher voltage.
At your own risk! As Rodney says. :slight_smile: