Help with just purchased 4 seat Ford think

I like the 4 seat Ford think BUT am not happy with distance I get from a charge on the batteries and it seems I must have a flat spot on the motor as sometimes the think will not move until it is pushed a few feet then seems to run fine but at times the short symbol pops up.

Has anyone added larger batteries to the Think to increase drive time and if so how far between charges?
I want to use the Ford Think in the town where I live and would like to be able to run at least 40 miles between charges.

Do you think I am right that I will have to replace drive motor or is there another possible reason that with a full charge sometimes the Think will not go until it is pushed a few feet forward or backward?

Check motor brushes.
What controller does it use?

I have been told that the controller is original. Is checking the brushes something that can be done in the driveway or do I need to take it to a shop?

The brushes are sticking in the guides. Remove the motor and take it apart. Carefully remove the stuck brushes. becareful that you don’t break the brush guide mounting plate because it is ceramic or composition. file the inside of the guides. Sand all 4 sides of the brushes. the brushes need to be sloppy in the guides. Cleanp the commutator with 280 or 320 grit sand paper.