Governor Override

[quote=geminashland;16296]But for some unfathomable reason, I lost power, and it now performs about like a stock GEM, even though it has the “hot” R4F motor and 14 inch wheels.
[/quote]

This may be obvious but you DO have the DH/DL switch in “Street” mode don’t you? Once I didn’t and was frustrated and soundly cursed my GEM. Very embarrassed to discover days later that the only “problem” existed between the steering wheel and the seat!

Al

[quote=ARandall;16339]This may be obvious but you DO have the DH/DL switch in “Street” mode don’t you?
Al[/quote]

Har! BTDT, although it only took about five minutes to find/fix the issue.

I have checked that, although since you mention it, I haven’t considered the switch as a failure point. I’m traveling right now, but as soon as I get homes I will cycle it and verify that I now have “slow and slower” as my choices.

Bill

[quote=geminashland;16340]Har! BTDT, although it only took about five minutes to find/fix the issue.

I have checked that, although since you mention it, I haven’t considered the switch as a failure point. I’m traveling right now, but as soon as I get homes I will cycle it and verify that I now have “slow and slower” as my choices.

Bill[/quote]

We haven’t heard from you in quite a while. Is it possible that you found out that you just didn’t have the speed switch in the top speed setting? And are now too embarrassed to report back to us?

Fess up… Its good for the soul… We won’t laugh (Too hard) LOL…