Gem motors by rodney

GEM MOTORS BY RODNEY

I have years of experience refurbishing GEM cart motors. There is a lot of opinions of which motor is best. We are talking about GE 7hp fan motor, Advance 7.5hp Fan motor and, D&D 7.5hp (Ride for Fun Blue motor)
These FACTS are based on hundreds of motor reconditioning /repairs 95% percent of my business is “stuck” brushes.
We will start with ADVANCE. Their problem is they manufacture their motors to closer tolerances and tighter fits than the other brands. This results in brushes sticking in the holders MUCH earlier than the rest.
The D&D typically has looser fits and lasts a couple of years longer.
The GE the motor has the largest clearances and will typically go 5 years without problems.
When I recondition a motor I give it whatever it requires.
I also add CLEARANCE to the brushes. You can expect 5 YEARS of
trouble free service on any brand “Touched By Rodney” motor.(Except coastal areas.)

APPLICATION  SUGGESTIONS

Advance “ Touched By Rodney “motor Any application best for heavy duty and commercial applications 4/6 passenger hilly areas .
GE “Touched By Rodney “motor Any application 2nd best for heavy duty and commercial applications 4/6 passenger hilly areas etc.
D&D (RFF) Excellent upgrade / replacement motor. Also the preferred motor for performance applications. NOT GOOD for High torque applications. (NO FAN) Never replace a fan motor with This unit!!

OFF SUBJECT: The GE Long 5 is the “Dark Horse” in the motor world it will do 35+ Mph with normal tweaks and is tons cheaper than a blue motor. Loves 84 volts.
Rodney