Gem e4 2005 brake lights

One more thing- What happens when you power up, key on, and select a turn signal direction? Does the front turn signal blink, and the rear remain steady on?

Looking at the wiring diagram, I’d say there is not much else you can do. The brake lights are controlled directly by a logic controller in the PSDM. The controller takes input from the turn signal stalk, brake pressure switch, and sends correct responses to the front and rear lights. It sounds like it is shorted “on”.

1. Diving into the PSDM will take someone that can do board level repairs. (does anybody do this?)
  2. Find another PSDM
  3. Have someone do some unsavory hacks on you GEM wiring and bypass the controller with a bit of external controller logic or switch to a 4 light system in the back.

Yes. On powerup, the signals work fine, front and rear, the lights also.

Upon depressing the brake pedal, the brake lights turn on and do not turn off until the master switch is turned off.

Thanks!

OK- you just did it again. Your last post is describing something totally different going on.

1. let the car sit for a while with the main breaker off. (all day, over night?)
  2. power it up again
  3. without touching anything else go back and look at your brake lights. Are they on?

What is throwing me off is your statement:
“Upon depressing the brake pedal, the brake lights turn on and do not turn off until the master switch is turned off.”

1 Like

Thanks for your continued assistance. The brake lights are not on at start up.

You can actually test to see if they switch is bad by taking the two connectors (in this pic the black and red connector and touching them together with the gem car on - when connected the rear bake lights should turn-on/stay-on until the wires are disconnected. I’ve done this when my rear brake lights would never turn-on but by running lights working fine. Now I 'm trying to find/order this part - does anyone know where I can get one?

I found a similar looking part on Amazon:

but I’m just not sure if it will work or not ?? Looks like there’s others I could also try:

Take the part off and visit a local parts store. I’m guessing they are all the same but the only issue would be if the threads match. Holding in your hand will let you see.

You can also check the switch by using a multi meter and confirming a connection between the switch poles when you step on brake pedal.

Be aware brake fluid will leak out when the switch is removed so be sure to put something in the hole and/or get a can of fluid to top off.

Did you ever figure out a replacement part for the pressure switch? If so what did you do I have the same issue.