Gem E2 battery question

Thanks again Old_Houseboater for the info. O’Reilly’s can’t get the 31DCM any more and I don’t have a Sams Club. Any other places? I found 2 places one was 190.00 and the other was 139.00 plus 28 for the core. It adds up quick when you don’t have a core. The internet isn’t much help.

O’Reilly: 31DCM
Sam’s: Marine 31DC
Batteries Plus: SLI31MDC
NAPA auto: BAT # 8231

Are all re-badged
East Penn Deka : DC31DT

And there might be even a few more retailers with their name / brand # on the DC31DT.

1 Like

Sometimes I wish I lived in a bigger city. I can’t find anybody that has them down around $100.00. Thanks jrjava for the information.

I’m baffled that a nationwide chain can’t order the 31DCM batteries in for you. Maybe they take a week or two to get there, but who cares… I think maybe a call to corporate asking for a district manager to contact you might be in order.

Depending on what other options you have and how much they cost, if you start creeping up on $1000 or more for batteries, you might want to talk to @Inwo or @LithiumGods about a lithium conversion.

I had it set up for lithium but this one is going up for sale so I need something more managable. Lead acid batteries I think is the simplest way to go.
One of the sales clerks asked if that item was still available to order and six hours later they found out it wasn’t. He emailed someone and was waiting for a response.

Putting it up for sale, yeah, lead makes complete sense there. I don’t think people will pay for lithium in an overgrown golf cart unless they understand it and most don’t seem to.

Yeah. My town is mostly retirement age so plug and play I think is the best way to go.

If that’s the case, maybe AGM or Gel if the charger and market will support it?

At least then you can sell the low-maintenance angle, which is something pretty much anyone can understand.

I live in Southern Utah and everyone wants gold for copper prices.:slight_smile:
Thanks again for your help with this.
I haven’t bought any yet. Still shopping.

No batteries, no good beer, and now that too?

“Utah, what’s not to love? We got cows.” <—state slogan suggestion.

:grin:

Best of luck, wish I had more useful information at this point.

Thanks. That is funny :slight_smile:

When you say that its the same battery. Do you mean that Sam’s club 31 dcm are the as Orileys dcm or dcmj?

Same as 31dcm NOT 31dcmj Dcmj is a starting battery not deep cycle.

In a message dated 3/5/2020 8:49:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

One more question. Would those Sam’s club batteries 31 dcx work if I have a ride for fun charger?

Yes. Works great. I have an r4f charger and the Napa 8231 batteries, which all appear to be the same Deka dc31dt battery with different branding.

Use the default programs of F3 and d0. r value isn’t used with those two.

Got my Sam’s club batteries 31dcx batteries in yesterday. Top them off with a little d water. So far so good. 580 out the door. 20 dollars of for buying 6.