Fisker Karma?

While the maiden car of Fisker Automotive is the Karma, it is undergoing its very own karma. Its founder resigned from the company and its loans have fallen due. The strategic partner negotiations have bogged down.

Now, its contemplating to seek bankruptcy protection,

How time flies…

I saw a Fisker Karma the other day and thought, “Future collectible!”

I wonder what Elon Musk thinks about Fisker’s current situation? :slight_smile:

If Elon hadn’t pulled so many tricks out of his hat he would have been in the same prediciment. Luckily he had deep pockets and charisma on his side and that’s really saved his butt a few times.

Running a car company and making it profitable and successful is quite hard. Something Musk is very aware of!

Elon Musk has been very vocal in his support for Tesla Motors and even the recent spat with the New York Times did not dent his confidence going forward. The fact that the company has repaid its US Department of Energy loan nine years before it was due is a fact which many people have not taken into consideration.

Recent news from Fisker and Better Place has given electric car sceptics more ammunition to throw at the EV market and in all honesty sometimes the industry does not help itself.

[QUOTE=Editor;15756]Elon Musk has been very vocal in his support for Tesla Motors and even the recent spat with the New York Times did not dent his confidence going forward. The fact that the company has repaid its US Department of Energy loan nine years before it was due is a fact which many people have not taken into consideration.

Recent news from Fisker and Better Place has given electric car sceptics more ammunition to throw at the EV market and in all honesty sometimes the industry does not help itself.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, cant wait to see the standard affordable cars from Tesla to see them really take a proper share of the market.

You have to wonder if a relatively young company such as Tesla can (hopefully) bring an affordable and efficient EV to the market by 2017, why are the more established automobile companies so far behind the EV curve?

[QUOTE=Editor;15766]You have to wonder if a relatively young company such as Tesla can (hopefully) bring an affordable and efficient EV to the market by 2017, why are the more established automobile companies so far behind the EV curve?[/QUOTE]

As per most of them, they don’t have the ability to innovate at such an open level. and anything they want to do costs so much more and changes so much slower than a small and flexible company… Realistically they should make a sub division company that is dedicated to making cars for the people and make sure to hire the correct staff instead of just hiring from within because they know someone or something like that.

Hi FEUS

I think you are right - big corporations seem scared to take any risks and would rather stay in their own safety zone. If all companies adopted this policy we would never move forward.

Mark

I agree. They want a for sure thing… I’m surprised they don’t see a high milage electric car as a “sure thing”. Although I can only imagine how much BS and red tape they also have to deal with…:playball:

It is said BAIC goes closer with them.