Electric car survey - your help required!

My name is Michael Boxwell. I’ve owned various electric vehicles over the past ten years, and at one stage ran a company selling electric bikes - we became the largest independent electric bike retailer in the UK and Ireland, before I sold the business four years ago.

I’m currently writing a book on electric cars and would really appreciate input from other electric car owners. The book will cover the ownership experience of electric cars and hopefully will help more people decide to make the jump to electric.

If you have 5-10 minutes spare, please can I ask you to follow this link and fill in the questionnaire? Electric car survey for existing owners

The book will be launched next February. I’ll be giving away 100 copies of the book to people who have filled in the questionnaire, which means you’ve got a good chance of getting a copy of the book for free.

Many Thanks

I wish I had previously owned an electric vehicle, I’ve only driven a few. Soon construction will begin on a custom one :slight_smile:

That’s the problem - there are very few real owners around. That is why the opinions and the experiences of the people who do already own an electric car are so important.

Here in Europe there are quite a few electric cars on the road - in London there are around 1,500 electric cars and light vans driving around the streets, plus an estimated 20,000 electric bikes and motorbikes.

I suspect the e-car revolution will happen in Europe a year earlier than in the US.

[QUOTE=SolarCar;7159]That’s the problem - there are very few real owners around. That is why the opinions and the experiences of the people who do already own an electric car are so important.

Here in Europe there are quite a few electric cars on the road - in London there are around 1,500 electric cars and light vans driving around the streets, plus an estimated 20,000 electric bikes and motorbikes.

I suspect the e-car revolution will happen in Europe a year earlier than in the US.[/QUOTE]

I dont know, it should happen at about the same time. I’ve seen 10 electric vehicles just driving arrond normally in the last 2 months… thats not bad for out here. I’ve seen 2 tesla roadsters and there are only 700 sold in the world so far…

A big ‘thank you’ to people who have filled in the questionnaire. I ended up with responses from 675 electric car owners from all around the world - China, India, Europe, North and South America and Australia. It has really helped me in writing the book. The book is now finished and goes on sale in the next couple of weeks.

The book is called ‘Owning an Electric Car’ and the prize draw to see who gets free copies of the book (as a thanks for filling in the questionnaire) is being held early next week.

The web site for the book is already live - at Owning an Electric Car - where you can read a preview of the book, and I see this morning that it has appeared on Amazon.

So, once again, thanks everybody for their help. I’m hoping that my book will help encourage a lot more people to take the leap into electric car ownership. Watch this space…

Hey thanks for sharing this.
I will surely fill the questionnaire.

The questionnaire has been taken down now because it has already served its purpose.

The book has now been published and is available in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

I’ve had a huge amount of media interest in the book - the release of the book was newsworthy enough to get itself a slot on the local TV news program, I’ve been doing interviews for various TV and radio programs and for newspapers articles. I’ve also appeared on a couple of TV programs and on a BBC radio show discussing electric cars on a panel of experts.

It is interesting to see how much interest there now is with electric cars: had I released the book two years ago, I suspect I’d have had very little interest at all.

Earlier this week I notified the winners about their books and according to the publishers, these will be dispatched on Friday.