e2 Broken Passenger Side Hard Door handle

Newbie here! Just purchased a 2007 e2 825 with hard doors. Both doors don’t release easily while using outside handle. Pulled too hard on the passenger side and off came the handle. Does anyone know how to repair or replace just the handle?

Thanks!

I had to replace mine last year. About $80 from Polaris. You have to separate the inner and outer panels to replace it, there’s screws around the perimeter and maybe a few in the center. I only removed some of the screws because the screw heads were stripped/rusted and it was a pain in the A but doable.

Thanks Derrick! What is their “official” name for that product?

Have you found any exploded views or pictures of what the broken and unbroken ones look like? What material are they made out of?

Unfortunately no. It appears to be plastic.

I can’t tell you what the official name is, I just went into the dealership and said I needed an exterior door handle. These are made of plastic and as far as I know there isn’t any aftermarket one available, mine had the Chrysler logo on it which would indicate that they made the part instead of sourcing an off the shelf part.

Some links to try. Looks like some of the parts are VIN specific but the handles seem to be the same regardless of the VIN:

2007 VIN_048995-Previous

2007 VIN_048996-Current

I was wondering if it could be 3D printed.

The parts image is low quality but doesn’t seem like a complicated part. Depends on what broke, might just be the small clip that failed.

Thanks Derrick, Dougl, RS_E6 for the helpful information! I’ll try the Dealership first. Not talented enough to print it myself. image|375x500