College car

Hello,

I’m a college student making a 20 mile commute every day during the week. i drive a truck that eats up lots of money, and since it’s hard to find people to carpool with, i am considering an electric vehicle. Unfortunately, most are outside my price range. Looking for the cheapest of the cheap, highway safe. My school just installed a free charging station to encourage eco-friendliness. This is all i know. Any suggestions for cars to consider? Interpretations of my situation? I am a blank slate in this area

If you want something safe, I would NOT go with a city car. Although a lot of them CAN do highway-acceptable speeds, they are much too light and can be dangerous. I know, I’ve driven several…

• Paul

[QUOTE=valeo626;9395]Hello,

I’m a college student making a 20 mile commute every day during the week. i drive a truck that eats up lots of money, and since it’s hard to find people to carpool with, i am considering an electric vehicle. Unfortunately, most are outside my price range. Looking for the cheapest of the cheap, highway safe. My school just installed a free charging station to encourage eco-friendliness. This is all i know. Any suggestions for cars to consider? Interpretations of my situation? I am a blank slate in this area[/QUOTE]

More details would help. Where is your college? is that 20 miles each way? what kind of roads? What is your price?

Bill in Ashland, where drives are short, weather is mild and electricity is cheap.