Classic 8:1 gearbox

Cleaning out the garage. I have a 8:1 gearbox out of my 2000 that I no longer have use for. Swapped with a 12:1 and sold the car. Free + shipping cost if anyone can use it.

@bundcur - might take it if we could make it a 6.1… :grinning:

If we can make into a 6/1. Can it be done? 6/1 9000 rpm that would be nuts. 3 digit speeds eek. I got them.

I’ll donate the gearbox and pay for shipping if this is what’s going to happen!

I’ll watch from the sidelines…3 digits on a gem sounds terrifying… obviously something I’d love to see

Strap me to the front of the gem and call me blood bag

Gabe has my new 6:1 from Rodney.
Not cheap (Rodney time and parts) but if he doesn’t have time, he can pass it on for testing.
I think Gabe may have modded it for a new Gem though.
@djgabriel2004
Needs pmac IMO and that will limit speed to 5k rpm.

Sounds like @Old_Houseboater will take one of the 8.91:1 gears. Trying to see what he’ll charge to convert the other to 6:1. Maybe we’ll get some type of credit for the donated 8.91:1 :slight_smile:

And isn’t there an extra pmac in Kansas City??

Yes I can pass it, it is modified for a 2016+ tho

I have Pmac And Mating controller, (untested it)

@Erniea15 i sent you a pm. very interested if you have it.

Deal! One to Rodney and one to @Surferdude. This is great, cleaning out the garage!

Hey Ernie, please LMK when you want to get rid of ̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶v̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶v̶e̶h̶i̶c̶l̶e̶ ̶, new style high speed GEM for the cost of shipping.

1 Like

Why did I read this with a heavy Russian accent?

I DO keep coming across these “cheap” firetrucks in the midwest. Just waiting until George can figure out how to deliver one to me. My 3 year old would be the coolest at his preschool getting dropped off in this

1 Like

Who needs George? I say Road trip!

Many moons ago a buddy of mine worked as a paramedic and the company needed some new rolling stock. He was paid to fly out to Cleveland to pick up a brand new rig and drive it back. He had a few of us come along to assist (for free). That was a fun trip.

1 Like

You had the lights and sirens on the whole way back, didn’t ya?

I will neither confirm nor deny that code 3 may have been “tested” on the trip back.
The weird thing was when approaching some of the toll booths the gate would go up, green light would show, and we would get waved through without stopping.

1 Like