Clacking noise around 9mph when decelerating

You can see how the splines become sharp. Like little triangles. In reality they are more like Pyramids

1 Like

Check out the splines close to the bearing (left side)
They are untouched. Look at how the motor has wore them into a completely different shape.

1 Like

Grant; thank you so much for the valuable information. I will tear into the project this week and get back to you with my findings. It does make sense to do the upgrade. I will speak to previous owner to see if he knows what transmission work has been done. I have a copy of a work order from electric car in Palm Springs listing transmission service $485 parts and labor but no description of what was done. I will also call this shop to see if they can provide any further information Mike

Owner said electric car distributors replaced the Q-charger in 2009. He brought it in because it would barely move and he thought it was a transmission problem. They diagnosed it as a charger failure.
What is your price for the replacement shaft including all necessary parts. I would need everything shipped to me in California. Thanks. Mike

I donā€™t think we can buy and sell on the Fourm
So email me Grantwest@gmail.com we can discuss more

Iā€™m quite sure you canā€¦
Or do I have special permission?

https://community.electricforum.com/c/buy-sell-parts-and-accessories-electric-forum

I guess you have to contact me GRANTWEST@gmail.com

I was just notifyed inna PM that this needs to me moved to the buy/sell Fourm

Here is what a nice new Input shaft and OIL seal look like.

Notice how GEM switched to a open Berring on the new one and they use the black oil seal to hold back the oil now.

very nice :slight_smile:
this a 10,35 gear ?

I am not sure of the gearing as I just purchased it from a fellow GEM owner. My input motor gear was badly worn and made noise on deceleration. Best person to ask would be Grant West. He knows a lot about the GEM transmission set up.

Just wondering if you know part number or what to type in Amazon or eBay for the rubber bumper for and ezgo txt 2001

This looks like the one I just got from NEV Access for $10 but canā€™t be sure of the diameter. I didnā€™t get it because from what I saw on other sights, it looks like it was flat on both sides but those sites were only showing the flat side(WTH?). And the one I got from NEV Access had the same coarse teeth while the splined socket had far more and smaller teeth.

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=6765&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz_TMBRD0ARIsADfk7hTI2IiYX06S8WYAGhFoP3jVhI-fpnMCWpe7dANdSvp2TuNAh-fL-J8aAigyEALw_wcB

Any one have the part number for new input shaft kit?!? I would like to buy one for my 2005 gem e4

Greetings allā€¦ I am reading up on this vibration issue and it led me here. Great info in these posts. Where can I obtain some of these rubber bumpers?

I just bought one from buggies unlimited. They seem to be the cheapest place, they have $5 shipping sale until the 15th I believe. Thatā€™s the thing that kills me, a $2 part the size of a coin and everyone wants to charge $12 shipping.

Note that they have 2 different kinds. Iā€™m not sure what kind is better. I didnā€™t notice there was 2 different kinds and only bought 1 so hopefully I got the right one.

http://www.nevaccessories.com/searchprods.asp

In a message dated 4/12/2020 11:28:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes: