Charging GEM with 2000Watt Gas Generator

Hi,

I would like to use my GEM on camping trips, but that means I can run into charging issues once my battery gets too low. Therefore I need the right Gas Generator to charge it. My GEM is a 2002 with the upgraded electronics package and GEL batteries. Can anyone recommend the best Gas Generator for my needs. Is 2000Watts enough or should I go bigger, can I go smaller?

Thanks in advance,

V

I just purchased a 2002 GEM. It has an upgraded Zivan charger. On initial charge (solid red LED) it draws max 950 watts (according to my Kill-O-Watt)
and throttles back through the various stages to 200 watts on blinking yellow. A 2k genset wouldn’t have any problem with my GEM.

Eric

[QUOTE=Vindikacione;8968]Hi,

I would like to use my GEM on camping trips, but that means I can run into charging issues once my battery gets too low. Therefore I need the right Gas Generator to charge it. My GEM is a 2002 with the upgraded electronics package and GEL batteries. Can anyone recommend the best Gas Generator for my needs. Is 2000Watts enough or should I go bigger, can I go smaller?

Thanks in advance,

V[/QUOTE]