Can not get rid of code 41

New motor, new trans, rebuilt controller, batteries check out. Any ideas, thanks

Comes on after about 5 miles of driving

Something is overheating. Most likely your controller.

Sounds like you have either a bad or old T-1 controller or your settings are to aggressive

Just got the t3 controller back from flight after a rebuild. So, assume that would be ok

T-3 sorry can’t help you most people convert to T-4 not rebuild a T-3

Is the bottom of the controller raging hot?

Thanks…I’ll have to get back to you on that one.
I’ll take a ride in the am

Make sure you have a good thermal connection between controller and aluminum plate. Clean and tight with thermal paste.

Could you please expand a bit on the thermal break between the controller and plate…thanks

Read with interest a previous thread about overheating. Looked at grants aluminum heat sink thread.
Interested in where to acquire the controller heat sink

Important to have a smooth clean contact surface between controller and heat sink.
Thin coating of conductive paste fills any micro voids or scratches. Keep bolts tight.
A fan helps too.

I was looking at ebay this morning for the same thing. I see loads of heatsinks. You just need to find one that can be tweaked and modified to fit your needs. (presuming this is the solution for your needs of course)

1 Like

Took it out for a ride…went about 5 miles…outside temp in low 90’s. Took temp with infrared thermometer.
Motor…124
Trans…104
Top controller…114
Plate at bottom of controller…126
Plate under controller is about 1/16 or 1/8 steel.
Rust and paint on plate…I’ll try to strip plate use thermal paste and see what happens.
Any other ideas
Thanks

Is it happening while driving on a flat road or hilly ? what speed are you running ? Gems come from the factory with a thermal grease on the bottom of the controller . Most dont reapply when they reinstall controller and it can create an over heat problem .
The reason i ask about the hills is they create a lot of heat while climbing but also create a lot of heat on decent if the gem is going too fast . The controller will go into plug braking trying to slow the Gem and it creates lots of heat . I program it out on mine .

All driving is on level ground in South Georgia. I’ll work on cleaning up the heat sink and apply the thermostat grease and see what happens. Due to very hot summers I’m still thinking the extra finned heat sink might help
Thanks