Buy & Selling

I see you guys penalized William. I had moderated his post before but rescinded it due to the fact that he posted in the buy & sell area. This area should either not be open to new posters, or not there at all as it is confusing. There is no sticky at the top warning new posters that they are not allowed to use it.
I don’t feel bad for the William guy as I wrote him a few days ago asking if he was a repair/reseller for Gem parts and he never replied back.

Regards,
Brent

Hi Brent,
Thanks for bringing this up and apologies as the mixed message here is my fault. I think the right decision for now is to allow anyone to post in the Buy & Sell area (as long as its not abused). While the post counts here are slim we should keep it open and then perhaps close it down to paid members or higher user groups in the future.

I think it was Marc who moderated that one. I will let him know the new policy.
Regards
Bob

How would you like us to handle commercial sellers? We have one now who is offering cars for sale.

[QUOTE=LuvMyTJ;13299]How would you like us to handle commercial sellers? We have one now who is offering cars for sale.[/QUOTE]

Hi Brent
I’m still keen to keep these on while the post counts are low. The issue is if they spam multiple ads then they should be infracted or banned. For now our policy should be a fair use one. One advert per member in the buy and sell section only.
Regards
Bob

DId you notice that another person is advertising cars in Cypress? The guy who made 2 users to answer each other was doing the same thing. I’ll betcha he’ll get an answer from himself soon. :slight_smile:

His ip info ( 180.190.141.248) comes from the Philippines…

[Querying whois.arin.net]

[Redirected to whois.apnic.net]
[Querying whois.apnic.net]
[whois.apnic.net]
% [whois.apnic.net node-7]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum: 180.190.128.0 - 180.190.191.255
netname: GBB-VISMIN-IP-POOL
descr: GBB-VISMIN-IP-POOL
admin-c: AM620-AP
tech-c: AM620-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-MGR-AP
changed: armateo@globetel.com.ph 20091013
source: APNIC

person: Alexandro Mateo
nic-hdl: AM620-AP
e-mail: abuse@globenet.com.ph
e-mail: staff@globenet.com.ph
e-mail: armateo@globetel.com.ph
address: 3F New Solid Bldg.
address: 375 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave.
address: Makati City
address: Philippines
phone: +632-730-4522
fax-no: +632-730-4540
changed: armateo@globetel.com.ph 20100127
mnt-by: MAINT-MGR-AP
source: APNIC

Well spotted LMT.
I see it as a sign that we are growing when a spammer takes so much time and effort to start talking to themselves. :slight_smile:
Regards
Bob

Well our friend returned under a new user name with the same ip and answered himself. I dropped the ban hammer on him.

Please ban ip 180.190.141.248.

[QUOTE=LuvMyTJ;13319]Well our friend returned under a new user name with the same ip and answered himself. I dropped the ban hammer on him.

Please ban ip 180.190.141.248.[/QUOTE]

:smiley: Well called LMT.

Has the policy on advertising on the forum changed recently?

Hi LuvMyTJ

I am not aware of any changes?

Regards,

Mark

I questioned it as I have recently seen you give out infractions for people advertising their services/goods. As per this thread, my understanding is that users are allowed to post in this manner in the correct section for buying & selling.