Signature Links -?

Since I see conflicting info in the rules about this, I would like further clarification on this matter. Are you allowing links to commercial auto selling sites or any other links to a commercial site in a signature? Here are two users in question.

TJackrel - linked to an EV dealer (possible owner of site) Electric Car Forum and Electric Vehicle Community - View Profile: TJackrel
insane.nick - linked to a car selling site Electric Car Forum and Electric Vehicle Community - View Profile: insane.nick

It would be very beneficial if Mods had the authority to remove the offending signatures. I don’t see a way to do it as it is currently set up.

Hi LMT,
The rule currently states:

Active members (those with a 5+ post count) may display a single line link in your signature to a site that you are personally involved in

I agree - it is a little ambiguous and perhaps we should tidy it up. What its trying to say is we allow members a link to a site in their signature if they own or author the site. Personally I don’t see a problem if the site is commercial as long as they dont make the signature promotional. Saying things like “click here” or the “cheapest batteries sold here” etc.

Re: Removing signatures. I’ll check to see if there is another way to do but the way we currently have the admin area set up - where these functions are possible - its pretty locked down and restricted to IP addresses for our office. The only way to make such changes is post them here in the mods area and I will get them done.

Regards
Bob

TJackrel does own that site I see from my investigating. Insane.nick however appears to be directing people to the car site in India. His sig says something about cars for sale.

Here is another with at least 5 links in his sig… Electric Car Forum and Electric Vehicle Community - View Profile: SerpaDesigns

[QUOTE=LuvMyTJ;13823]Here is another with at least 5 links in his sig… Electric Car Forum and Electric Vehicle Community - View Profile: SerpaDesigns[/QUOTE]

I have now removed that one too.
Regards
Bob