BMW i3 Cells - E2

Quick update on my last lithium upgrade.
Installed two i3 batteries (49v each for a 100v battery) and did a test run.
I started at 96.5 volts and traveled 6.1 miles, ended with 94.6 volts.
So, six miles with just under 2v, top speed of 39.8 (several times). Not much elevation but some decent hills. Ran great.
If I calculate correctly I just built a ~50 mile two seater. (98.5v full, 80v spoof under voltage kicks in - 18.5v usable, 3 miles per volt) can go even further if I bypass the voltage spoof when I hit 80v.
We will see if that math holds true when I get more time.

Math wont work here . Voltage is not linear . You will need to drive it to determine range . If you knew watts and a few more other perimeters you could do a calc . But it is still an estimate at best .

1 Like

Agreed, Just giving current info and some guesses - not off to a bad start tho. Drives Awesome!!
Just seeing what it will do before it goes up for sale, sticking with my E4 and 24s Bolt setup :slight_smile:

I agree if this test was in a Lab where conditions like Wind, Payload, road conditions, elevation, driver input, heat, were all Non Variable your “Test” could give you some indication, I think the best test is a real life good ol fashion test run using your ski tracks app.

Someday when I have four hours to burn, the car is registered and insured I will get around to burning thru a whole battery - I have a feeling it will be sold and long gone by then. LOL
Until then, I guess I will keep all data to myself. Just trying to share - Peace Out.

Another way is to track ah or wh for a fixed distance. Then in theory, compute miles from ah of battery pack.

If you can’t track energy burned, “charge ah” to fill up after a run will be close.

I find anything from 150w/mile to 300w/mile.