Alternate power source?

[QUOTE=frodus;4597]Whats the torque output on one of those magnet motors?[/QUOTE]

it all depends on how its setup… I’ve been designing as many configurations as i could to try to maximize the output and what not. its mostly up to size and parts you use.

[QUOTE=Big-Foot;4604]I’m one of the skeptics… I have a difficult time even contemplating perpetual motion or things that even come close (losses so small that they are close to immeasurable)…
If you’re worried about outside interference to this engine - why not just build an aluminum support structure and shield it?
A Honda Insight (all aluminum) just sold on eBay for ~5k… Had 200k on it and the CVT was making noise. I almost pulled the trigger on it myself…

RE: just wait until it’s released - Yeah… I’ll wait… Sometimes it’s better to have something and not talk about it than to talk about it and not be able to prove it… I won’t say that I don’t believe you but I’m skeptical… After all there’s always been a first time for everything…[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know the insight was all aluminum… if i had known that i would have gotten one sooner, although i’ve been contemplating building a car my self.

As soon as I can manage to get a version people would want to power something specific then i can start selling them. I just need to specify what sizes can take care of what.

I think the magnet motor would be a great use if it could provide a good torque, but it probubly can’t. The magnetic field would apply a force to turn the shaft, but it will also hammer the molicules. Eventualy the molicues will be pushed out of alignment, and it will loose it’s magnetism. I think that for this reson the magnets will fail to quickly, and that it’s preformace will be too variable.

[QUOTE=FEUS;4620]As soon as I can manage to get a version people would want to power something specific then i can start selling them. I just need to specify what sizes can take care of what.[/QUOTE]

It would be easier to start with a stationary use. Can you make one of these large enough to power a house? With a stationary system there would be no constraints on size or weight. If it works then the money would be there to make the smaller system for a vehicle. If you can make it work, even if the framework is wood you’d be able to get enough venture capital to build them commercially. That longevity issue would be a concern, just how long can a natural magnet last when used like this?

[QUOTE=Telco;4632]It would be easier to start with a stationary use. Can you make one of these large enough to power a house? With a stationary system there would be no constraints on size or weight. If it works then the money would be there to make the smaller system for a vehicle. If you can make it work, even if the framework is wood you’d be able to get enough venture capital to build them commercially. That longevity issue would be a concern, just how long can a natural magnet last when used like this?[/QUOTE]

i’ve got versions for that, i’ve been making versions to fit new housing (custom built into the structure) and existing housing (think in a closet, atic, or crawlspace or something)

Longevity for these motors is based on the magnet its self, which should last arround 10 years. I’m making sure to use inexpensive magnets (roughly $10 each) to accomplish what needs to be done so after the 10 year mark you spend maybe another $100 on magnets and your good to go for another 10 or so years…

keep it clean, cheap, and simple.

i’ve got versions currently designed for camping, houses, smaller generators, and i’m working on a few setup’s to see if i can rival power generators for big buildings like schools so they have have the full power system in the same size as a generator they have on their roof, but actually power the whole building that way. LOTS of complications comming along, but it will get there with a bit of inginuity.

Sweet. I’d concentrate on that then. Get a working house model and I guarantee you’ll be selling them faster than you can make them. Just keep the prices down, you’ll make more selling a million units with a dime per unit profit than selling a ten thousand units with a dollar per unit profit. Once the housing motor is working, then you’ll have the dough needed to make a car with one.

[QUOTE=Telco;4660]Sweet. I’d concentrate on that then. Get a working house model and I guarantee you’ll be selling them faster than you can make them. Just keep the prices down, you’ll make more selling a million units with a dime per unit profit than selling a ten thousand units with a dollar per unit profit. Once the housing motor is working, then you’ll have the dough needed to make a car with one.[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve been going over the reprecautions of releasing this though and producing them… and i’m STILL debating it… there are LOTS of reasons to and not to do this…