Air Conditioning and Heating System

We have completed our Air Conditioning and Heating System for electric vehicles. Our AC unit comes in two versions, one is 5000BTU and the other is 8000BTU. Our heating system is capable of 1500W. Both systems run off an energy efficient DC/AC inverter capable of powering other 120V AC systems, such as laptops, TVs…If you have any questions please feel free to ask/post or check our profile. We have just finished our 8000BTU unit and will be posted on our website shortly.

We are an engineering company and are working on other EV components as well. If you have any suggestions as to what components are needed please let us know and we can help fill that void.

Thanks,

EBM

Are the heating and A/C systems separate?
If so back to the drawing board.
You need an integrated system that can both heat and cool in one unit at the same time.
A heat pump will not do.
If you look at a system in a standard car you will see that you can have the A/C on at the same time the heater is on.
Sounds stupid, but it is not.
During certain weather conditions the inside of the windows fog up.
The quickest way to remove the moisture from the air is to run it over a condenser, the A/C and then heat it back up for comfort.
Check out the high end systems on a Mercedes or a Caddy.
You set the temp and forget it. But the unit recognizes dew point and kicks in the A/C to clear the moisture out. Clear windows. That is the only way to make an acceptable system. Good luck.

The heating system and AC system are in fact separate systems. You do not have to have both. The both of them run off of 120V AC so you do not have to have two inverters. The inverter that we sell can power both systems as well as other electronics throughout your car.

We understand how a standard car’s hearing and cooling system works. The heat is a byproduct from the engine that is circulated by means of antifreeze through the heating core within your dash in your car. The coolant running through the compressor and the condenser circulates through the evaporator in your dash. As a user you can switch from both hot and cold air (or a combination of the two for temperatures in between). The amount of the air is dependent on the fan speed which is determined by user.

You mentioned that “You need an integrated system that can both heat and cool in one unit at the same time”, essentially that is what is happening here. Although you DO NOT need both the heating and cooling system. If you have one without the other you will simply only be able to either cool or heat your cabin.

In terms of clearing out moisture in the air you simply would do exactly like you said, switch to cold air for a bit then back to hot. In the high end cars this is all controlled automatically through a computer. You set the temperature and the computer controls the correct ratio of hot/cold air and at what speed to run the fans.

We have installed these systems in multiple cars and haven’t had any issues with any of the systems. Our customers will assure you that this is more than an “acceptable” solution. Some customers (in warmer climates such as Arizona) only option to install the AC system, where others have chosen only to install the heating system. A majority of customers do in fact install both systems. If you look at our website and the manuals for these components I’m sure you will see that this is the most appropriate way to achieve heating and cooling within your EV. We are working on getting pictures and videos out on the internet, I will post some videos of both systems working soon.

Thanks,

Electric Blue Motors

Sorry, we are going into production of real cars soon.
We need the A/C and heat in one unit.
Production volume is projected at 1,000,000 or more per year.
We have the funding ($20b).
We are looking for more off the shelf solutions.
Our engineering time is limited.
So the more we can farm out the better.
We have 355V DC in our battery array.
What is your web site address?

I’m sorry but I haven’t had anytime today to read your reply so I will post a reply directly later in the week. Our website is electricbluemotors.com you can look up my contact information there. Thanks

do you have a power supply for higher voltage systems (eg: 320v)?

does the DAC for the computer monitoring system handle these higher voltage systems?

In my previous post.
Battery array is 355V.

caspar21,

Our current configuration of our dashboard computer allows for a max of 225V. We can however change our voltage divider on our input to allow for higher voltages. This would also include changing a constant in our software. These changes would take us about 20mins, If you’d like for us to do this PLEASE call me so I can make the proper notes in the order form to make these changes for you. You may order online or over the phone.

Thanks,
Electric Blue Motors

Way2EZee,

If you’d like to talk about us designing another AC/Heating System that meets your design specification then please contact me and we could work something out for you. To be honest, I would have to know more about your design needs before we can identify a solution for you. I would like to know about your vehicle that you are going to produce, I would like to talk to you about all of this. Our phone number is: 928.526.1590 my name is Nick.

Thanks,

Electric Blue Motors

I’ve updated my earlier posts to include the .pdf files for our manuals and datasheets. The Air Conditioning Manual did not post because of its size so you’ll have to go to our website for that: Electric Blue Motors Home.

Thanks,
~EBM

[QUOTE=Electric Blue Motors;6574]caspar21,
These changes would take us about 20mins, If you’d like for us to do this PLEASE call me so I can make the proper notes in the order form to make these changes for you. You may order online or over the phone.
Electric Blue Motors[/QUOTE]

thanks. i will get back too you when i am ready to order. i like the looks
of the software.

caspar21,

Thanks, I hope to hear from you soon. The software can always be reprogrammed to customize the look for your preferences. I am working on a new revision to allow the addition of viewing the vehicle speed. I’ll post the code on our website and on the wiki site as well.

~Electric Blue Motors

what are the options for display resolutions?
if i were to replace the gauges with a flat panel display,
what should i expect?

what res and what kind of refresh rates can we get for the gauges?

i live in canada, means i would need a metric speed display.
the speedometer would be perfect if it was larger in the middle of the
cluster. can we customize the layout and sizes to preference?

That is an interesting setup you have. What is the efficiency of your inverter?

caspar21,

Our display resolution is the standard resolution for composite video (640x480), the display itself will refresh at 60Hz. The gauges update every 250ms, or at 4Hz. If you replace your instrument cluster with a flat panel display you can expect equivalent performance through our computer.

Our computer is programmable so if you’d like metric gauges that should not be a problem. This would be a simple fix as we would just need to change the constants within the software. In order to change the size and layout of the gauges you would need to be able to program in parallax’s language called “.spin” it’s similar to C. All the documentation that you would need about the language can be found at their website Parallax Home. You would only need a basic understanding or programming to get you started so that you can use our source code as a starting point. Much of the function calls are relatively simple.

We are working on a new revision of the software to implement the speedometer and to adjust the orientation of the gauges. Changing the software to accommodate for a speedometer and to display in metric is something that we can/will do. In terms of switching the display to your preferences, that is something that you will have to do on your own. You can always reload our software back into the unit if you are tinkering around and find that you are going in the wrong direction.

Thanks,

Electric Blue Motors

Seafarer12,

Our inverter does not have a voltage conversion stage so if runs at an efficiency slightly above 99%.

Thank you for your inquiry! ~Electric Blue Motors

[QUOTE=Way2EZee;6559]Sorry, we are going into production of real cars soon.
We need the A/C and heat in one unit.
Production volume is projected at 1,000,000 or more per year.
We have the funding ($20b).
We are looking for more off the shelf solutions.
Our engineering time is limited.
So the more we can farm out the better.
We have 355V DC in our battery array.
What is your web site address?[/QUOTE]

Hi
Please contact me.I can help you in design of what you are asking for.
Contacts:
siamak@xilag.com
Welcome To Xilag

Thanks
Siamak