ABS body repair

I have some cracks in both my front and rear ABS covers. Many have said to use epoxy or fiberglass repair kits. Epoxy… even the made for plastic will not adhere good with ABS. While shopping at Lowe’s I found some Oatey black ABS cement that is made to weld black sewer pipe joints together. This cement actually melts the edges of the ABS and fuses them together to make a neat strong joint. You can layer it with fiberglass matting or some old fiberglass door screen and build it up for extra strength. Let me know if anyone else has tried this with good results. It’s the same color as the body ABS and makes a real neat looking repair on the underside of the covers.

i just bought a welder on amazon for 149.00 free shipping airless if you can handle the fumes its the BOMB !!!

I’ve heard of those and they say they work good. Let us know more details…

[QUOTE=chuckkent;13731]I’ve heard of those and they say they work good. Let us know more details…[/QUOTE]

i bought it on amazon for 149.99 urethane supply company 5600 it had the best reveiws its very easy to use alot of the other ones had terrible ones