30HP Brushless motor upgrade on 2003 GEM

Very torquey, hits 35 mph no problem.
Once I ride some more in traffic I’ll see if I want to increase tire size to hit 40 mph. My area is pretty hilly so will need to watch out for heat if I do.

Intrested to see / hear results. My buddy is getting a E6 car built by Scott and he is using a PMAC and 6:1 Transmission. So it’s good to hear /see your project

2 Likes

It’s been a month or so and I’m curious of your happiness with this motor. I also have an early e825 that I was going to go blue motor but this thread gave me pause as this is probably a better way to go for me. Are you still happy with the speed and gear size?

I’ve never tested the original or upgraded induction motors, so I can’t compare, but the motor has no issues staying at 35 mph even uphill. I’m still tempted to get larger tires when I need to replace the current ones to get above 40 mph. Going from 8.9:1 to 6:1 gear box might be too much though.

Did you do the lift after cutting the battery support? Would you still have had to cut it if you’d had the lift first?

Fyi,
@ScottyD just installed one of my me-3031 pmac kits.
Not yet successful.
The special “touched hy Rodney” 6:1 transmission has loose parts inside.
Keep in mind this transmission has 10,000 miles on it. But never out of the shipping box. :joy:

Rd to me. Me to Gabe. Gabe back to rd. Rd to Gabe. Gabe to Scott.
The motor not far behind in record miles shipped.

Rd once told me to send it back to put gears in a different gearcase.
That offer may be off the table, being Scott has it in Ca.
Not the original buyer. 3rd actually.

I was excited to see how the 6:1 “Touched By Rodney” transmission worked out in Scotts PMAC build. When he said the transmission sounded like it had issues I was Bummed!

“Touched by Rodney” = TBR (to be returned)

He told me today that he can’t run off the stands. Crunch crunch.
Possibly from welding plates to fit 2016. Warped case.

Not sure what to do.
Told him that r4f may be stuck with a set of 6:1.