2018 Gem E2 Leoch Batteries

I just purchased a 2018 Gem E2 that has been sitting unused for a couple of years. I tried recharging the OEM Leoch AGM 12v 120AH batteries but they do not hold charge. I was able to get them from 5 volts and charged them to 12 volts but they drop back down to 6 volts on their own after a few hours. I believe the batteries are toast.

Can anyone suggest a good OEM replacement to these AGM batteries? I know that lithium is the way to go but I don’t want to spend too much and have to buy a new charger.

I searched online but it appears these Leoch doesn’t make these anymore.

No need to change charger or reprogram anything with one of our small lithium batteries.
Where are you located.
I’m in Mn. have associates in Fl., Ca., KcMo.

Is 20 mile range enough? 30, 50
From $1500
NMC Lithiums never die so you can always get your money out of them and go bigger.
Dang, I just told the guys I was going to slow down selling on the forum. But I hate it when members over pay. :slight_smile:
Sdi samsung 94ah display

I been told that dealer sells the 12v Leoch for ~$500 a piece

I would go lithium, and forget about batteries.
You can use the same charger too. Follow @Inwo directions

1 Like

The $1500 starting point is 15s 64ah only.
20 miles? I think so. If not hot rodding up hills.

Thanks for the information. I’m located in South Florida.

My current OEM charger is a Delta-Q Model 912-4854-05B. Would I need to change the algorithm if I go with a Lithium Battery? I searched the web and located these codes for the charger. Code 199 is E-Moli LiIon. Does this mean it can charge Lithium Batteries?

I’m looking to get a range of 30 miles.

No need to do anything to charger except plug in a new sensor. Included.

Where in south Fl.? I’m in Naples and Gabe is in Deerfield. You are welcome to come over and drive one of my lithium carts to see how they work. We engineered our lithium upgrades to work with the factory components. No need for external chargers or other parts.
LG

2 Likes