Need New Batteries, Any sellers on this forum?

I bought a old 2007 Gem EL flatbed that has bad batteries, So bad I can’t even test the car out to see if everything else is ok, I am trying to decide if I should go the lithium route or just a replacement set of lead batteries, Cost is the biggest factor, I probably would never go that many miles between charges so range isn’t that critical for me, Life of the batteries is, This will sit all winter and not get used, What are the costs of converting to lithium? I believe my cart has the Delta q charger so can I reprogram it to use with the lithium batteries? Thanks!.

That right there is a very compelling reason to go with lithium batteries as they won’t degrade like lead-acid will during the downtime.

@LithiumGods has some new, smaller lithium packs available that might fit your budget and lesser range requirements.

I have a few sets left of my entry level lithium batteries. Battery with BMS is 1550. $100 to upgrade charger. 18-19 mile range . you can turn if off at the bms and it will sit for years without discharging

How much for the next level up? How are these to install?

Can these be hooked in parallel and one added at a later date if the needed?

LG will respond but he is likely battening down the hatches for the inbound hurricane. May be a little busy.

He can buy from either of us. They can ship from here next week, I hope. Truck is scheduled for Friday.
Talking about the sdi22 30mile battery.
$2950 delivered.

I stock them in Mn. And Lg in Fl. In most cases, they ship from Mn.
Lg services local pickup in Fl. And we can arrange shipping conus.

I was in a similar situation. I decided to go with lead-acid batteries just because of light usage and cost. I shopped around and found group 31 Duracell (made by Deka) for around $125 each. Of all places, Sams Club had the best price.

Thanks for the info, The Gel batteries are as expensive as the lower cost Lithium listed here, how is the performance using the flooded acid batteries? Range and speed? Thanks

Our car got flooded in hurricane Ian. The batteries and motor were under water and the batteries actually shorted out. I got the batteries charged and load tested and they were fine. We ran the car for several months until the motor failed. I put a new motor from ride-4-fun and that turned it into a rocket ship. I’ve really never checked the range between charges but it’s never defaulted to the limp home mode. With the current setup I rarely use the high speed range. It goes plenty fast in the low speed range.

Awesome! I think I will go the cheap route also, Thanks!

Good luck. Sam’s Club had the best price in my area. Beat most by $30-$40 a battery.

make sure you change the Setting on The Deltaq. It comes from the factory set to Gel. It will work well initially but will ruin them in a year.

2 Likes

I should probably check my charger settings. Do you know the procedure for setting the charger?

Walmart has a Jell battery that’s marketed as a replacement for the recommended GEM factory battery for only $200. Walmart on line had a lot of good 4 star testimonial’s. A month ago I changed the 6 batteries in my 2008 GEM e2. Walmart has Free shipping and only a $6 total core charge for all 6 batteries. NAPA wanted $350 for each. No problems with my charger on the new batteries. I had a problem with the green bars in my dash not working. A found a fix here on line… they are back working. My cart runs real good now. The old batteries were the originals from 2008. Got my monies worth out of them…

interesting battery. Mighty Max calls it their Gel series. But then on the front says it is an AGM battery. AGM and Gel are very different batteries. The charge profile is different for each of them and each would damage the other. So is it a Gel or an AGM? The recommended charge voltage would be similar to an AGM and too high for any other Gel battery I have seen. @Rascal it would be helpful if you could follow up with us in 12-18 months and let us know how they are working.

1 Like

They-er working good so far. Charging every night in the Jell format on my charger. Lots of torque. Have to lighten up on my foot or I’ll be buying a new left front tire shortly. I’ll try to remember to get back to you with future results in the next year. Thanks for your help with my green bars problem. I found an old post of yours from 2022 from a fellow (2016 model) that had the same green bar problem. You gave him different advice than you gave me. It worked for both of us…

I did a little research on them. They appear to be in a category called Hybrid Gel batteries. they are somewhere between AGM and Gel. What I am trying to figure out is what factory algo would be best suited for them, #14 Gel or #13 flooded(same as AGM). I think these batteries are going to come up more often and would like to help others get the most out of them. Please keep us posted.

Still have these smaller batteries?

I have a few left. What year gem?