2016+ Gem controller swap

How much for that PMAC motor? And which model is it ? Don’t forget that I’m still newbie In dvt but I like the challenges. Actually I got bored because my gem Works fine Lol

I’ll let you borrow it if you have time.
Me-3031
$550
Surplus supply is gone but electricmotorsports may have a few left.

MVC-010F

The problem might be that they are limited to ~ half RPM… so more torque for sure but in order to get the same speed I need to change gears…
I don’t know if I want to sacrifice Max speed for Acceleration…
I have the Plaid if I want a Horse kick acceleration feeling on my chest lol

But if its for the science I might do it

Do you want a fully stock 2016 to test? Maybe we can convince @smspring to put in his gem with the 12:1 gears until I can get to his telsa battery install.

Ok I’ve researched a little bit more, seems it can do 6500RPM

Do you have any working dcf for that motor? I’m tempted.

I do, ran it in my hot rod golf cart. The 6500rpm is optimistic, would love to know what it will do.
Remember, I have a 6:1 transmission for it. No need to buy anything if you are doing it for the science.
Pass it on when I sell it or send it back. Not doing me any good here.
I thought to buy one from motorsports if they have their own file for sevcon. You might ask them.

Yes, I do but, prefer 17:1 gears. If no takers, I’ll send it to you. Or if I find a 48v controller for sale, send it to you along with files. A little more testing to do with it, 60v lithium etc.

I have wanted to try this for some time - I just can’t give up the speed around here, I will get run over.
I don’t have a mule right now either.

I’m not clear enough when talking about ratio.
I get the 12:1 17:1 which means every 12 Revolutions is 1 revolution at the wheel

But when it goes to 10:35/12:44 I get confused.

What am I doing wrong?

I assume that your numbers will be the same as mine since we both running the same Rodney’s Transmission.

With this, it Makes a lot of sense.
Is that for a classic? Wondering if Rodney can mod it to make it work in the 2016+

Oh he can, but would he??? LOL -
It also may only be good for you @djgabriel2004 - super flat terrain.

1 Like

That’s true. I was hoping the motor to Compensate the ratio difference… since based on Dave the PMAC has a lot more torque

I have a 8.91:1 spicer out of my 2000 that you could mess with. Not quite 6:1 but gets you closer.

So the old transmissions fit the new motors and in the new vehicles?

@JarJarJava no oldhouseboater has to mod them to fit.
Old gearbox new car.
Stock motor fits both style gearbox. 8kw motors require a coupler mod to fit new car gearbox.

1 Like

Thanks Mike that’s great news. I’m eyeing a new era gem of late, (thanks Dave, I think…) And I have a spare 10.35 in the garage…