2016 35Mph Transmission

So you only got 10mph gain from going from 17:1 to 12:1 gears??

Can’t you adjust the contact voltage.

Example could we just push the 48v car to 60v and it would work???

You can change the “pull in” voltage, but not the voltage that can pass thru the contractor. You will need a bigger contractor if you go HV.

The car performs just as it does stock.
It gets up to 35 with out much problem
And the the Electronic default Speed kicks in and the car just stops Accelerating. It has more power to go faster it just the electronics saying NO!

Dave and I have been talking, we think it is got a MAX RPM in the driver profile. So when it hits that RPM it will not go any faster. We are looking at ways around it and still keep the stock controller. But if you want to go HV you will have to change out the controller anyway.

The stock motor has a gear (I think it’s used to count rpm) it’s inside right next to
The motors input shaft. What if that gear was larger.

Ac motors use the encoder for more than just speed. Changing just one count of the 64 ppr will fault the controller.

Hi Grant you remember the part number for the Transmission Isolation Kit? Thanks Jim

Sorry I don’t. I can’t ever remember where that thread was that had it

For a while there, I remember people were playing around with skate board bushings.

Yes MikeKC tried the skateboard bushings and he reported good results. Not sure how many miles or how much time he had or has on them

@MikeKC did some experimenting with the skateboard bushings IIRC

@MikeKC’s gearbox and skateboard bushings are in my car. I’ve been running them for about 9 months now. I have an 8kw motor installed and am reconfigured for high voltage. generally, I’d say it’s working well. I don’t really have a point of reference though. I never ran without the skateboard bushing so don’t have a before and after and I haven’t ever ridden in another 2016+ that goes faster than 25mph.

Overall, I’d say the gears are loud at 35mph+. unbearable, no. Could it be quieter, that would be nice.

@smspring went the skateboard route and did a before and after in a post a while ago. I recall him saying it was night and day.

I was looking at the parts diagrams for the newer-newer e4s e.g. 2020+. Looks like polaris basically went to skateboard bushings for the mounts - https://gem.polaris.com/en-us/assembly/?modelId=L20G4AGALA&assemblyId=241678

R4F says they have some type of quiet kit for the 2016s but not sure what it actually is.

1 Like

How much is R4F selling the “Quiet Kit” for

I am curious about this as well. I thought I asked @Old_Houseboater about it but I don’t remember.
I have a classic 10.1 gear set in my now (from Rodney), need to go back to 12.1 due to hills, and would like the quiet kit.

I believe the RF4 is a factory Polaris bushing Kit.

Mike. You now wanna go to 12.1 gears!!!
Wow all that work in to your conversion to go to 12.1 you could have done that with R4F gears and $700. I can’t believe with your AC conversion your car can’t turn a 10.1

May be getting some 12kw motors.

3 Likes

Do you wanna try Pmac + 6:1?

Christ on a bloody popsicle stick…

I got excited too… I’ll sign of for 1 or 2!