2016 35Mph Transmission

PIC of the quit kit?

PIC of the quit kit?

Yes. Do you still have this car?
Can you show us a pic of the quiet kit and what it consists of?

Yes still have car. Sorry do not know what it looks like never saw it,was installed when I got car back

Here is what a Quiet Kit looks like

Makes it go puh, puh, puh?

The gear box will have a mount, which will be connected to the frame. It’s either a large metal housing with bushing or just some bushings. Curious what R4F is selling.

Similar to this pic is what I’m interested in

That is one way to make the other guy quit

Yeah @kartracer remove the hood and take some pictures of the gearbox mounts pls

I am handicap and will have to wait until my son comes over to take it apart.

2 Likes

Like always, I can’t control my anxiety. I’ve just ordered an isolation kit from Polaris.

PN 2207577 $377 vs $559 R$F

I’ve ordered some Skate board bumpers too so I will be Testing them both.

2 Likes

Small business vs BIG business been there done that NO FUN Please do not knock other unless you been there. JMO Glad you found a better deal

I don’t know if it’s exactly the same kit, we been asking different members for a picture to see how theirs look but unfortunately no one has shared it yet.

1 Like

No one was knocking anyone. I to wanna see the Ride for Fun (quiet kit) Vs Polaris’s Transmission Isolation kit. funny why Ride For Fun has no pictures of The item they are tryin to sell for over $500 on their website (why the smoke & Mirrors)

3 Likes

In 2020, it looks like Polaris went to basically the skateboard bushings a bunch of us have been using. The gearcase is the same part number 2016-2022 so it’s nothing they changed there.

2016-2018 - direct to the frame (loud)
2018-2019 - isolation mount to bushings to frame
2020+ - regular mount to bushings to frame

So the question is if R4F made a custom clone of the isolation mount or if they’re just reselling the polaris mount and just marking it up.

My guess is the answer to the noise for most of us is either buy the Polaris rubber mounts for $20 or skateboard bushings.

I’ve also found most of my noise comes from Regen… If I turn that down, not as loud… Or I could just drive a little slower but that’s no fun

@kartracer
Do you feel like you were being knocked?
I highly doubt that was the intent unless it was because there were several requests for pics that seemed to have been ignored.

If for some reason you were unable to follow through with said request then you should have said so.

You will find this a very reasonable group unless you open the door for some good natured fun. THEN you will know you have been classed as open season.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the detailed Explanation of the different mounts.

I wonder is the part # for the 2nd Gen is different. Then the 2020 kit. The mounts Rodney made for me, kept the transmission at the same height as stock. So the 1/2 shafts were not at a different angle then stock.
I don’t know if it matters but Adding the Skateboard Bushing lifts UP the transmission by (what ever the height of said bushing and washers are) placing the 1/2 shafts at a different position. Like I said don’t know if it matters or not

These are the mounts Rodney made

GUYS I do not have a horse in this race other than i have been in R4F shoes BIG VS little. All i know is that i bought a gear kit and quit kit and can not wait for the sun to rise so that i can go ride some mo. If I was R4F and put out the money to develop this i sure as HELL would not put out pics or info. ALL I CAN AT THIS TIME IS R4F SH-TS WORKS JMO

Does R$F actually make anything?
“Super Charger” : Rebadged QuickCharge SCO-7210
Motors: Rebadged D&D Systems
Gears: Dana-Schaefer
Rims: not them
etc…
Their business address is a private residence…

3 Likes

I think that’s Chim-Chim hiding in the trunk, tapping on the firewall.

i think that’s what we’re trying to figure out. Did they actually invest and make something? or are they just reselling the 2018-2019 polaris mount? My car isn’t too loud but if it could be quieter, I’d bite. I’m just not sure they have something that’s better and/or different than what I can get from Polaris.

1 Like