2014 Gem

Power supply mode is fine.
Other charger is fine to.
If these cells were one in step, then died, they are bad. If they were put into the string at a different state of charge, they may be ok.

ps.
Be carfull with a non-isolated charger when connecting to a string of cells.
If charger is supplied with an isolated ps, it should be ok.

To charge to 90%, set to end charge at 3.5v and 1amp finish. Any rate up to 30amps.

To charge 29s with c10325, set to 28s and 3.625v. Ending at 10%-20%.
Sames as 29s x 3.5v.

1 Like

Using my power supply…

Looks good. Let me know how cells come out.
Give me your address again for shipping.

Christopher Wilkens
47 Swan Drive
Massapequa, NY 11758
United States

What are you sending?

What does the 100% mean on this screen?

Two cells.
The 100.0a? Amps
I run full power thru 300a bms, but it does trip occasionally with lead foot. Nice to monitor current an ahs.

I need feedback on resistor voltage drop and heat. Then i will know what to recommend.
You are my guinnea pig. :grin:

Sorry my fat fingers…11% on the bottom right.

Present voltage 95.7
With resistor 83v

Too cold to go out for a spin! I’m using the gold resistor, easier to mount. The contractor was getting warm to the touch before, not hot. This should help immensely.

Good news, thank you. That seems perfect.
11% soc state of charge. It can only track ah and soc thru the built in shunt.
If you take it easy you can keep it under 300a. Even reprogram controller to limit current. Helps you hyper-mile.:wink:

I see this is getting more complex than i promised, but you seem to enjoy the journey.
I believe it would work well, battery only. 25s 80v stock charger.
More fun hotrodding. Right?

Makes sense, when I am pushing the full 96v though the charger it is at 100% if I am not mistaken. I still have the power supply on the one cell so I guess that would account for the 11%.

I don’t mind it one bit, just as long as you don’t mind me asking all the questions! Once I get my car ironed out, my friends 2014 Should be a breeze.

Something else I found on the app: charging the EQ start voltage. I set that to 3.35v, the home screen then said EQ charging.

Maybe it is just voltage. Dont really know. I thougjt it tracked ah in and out. Three of the settings relate to battery capacity.
I would have app balance as little as possible unless its needed.

That cell is still taking 3.5v at 2.5 amps after 12 hours. That doesn’t seem right to me. It’s still hooked up to the string of batteries. Disconnect it from the string and continue to charge or?

It will take 24 hrs to charge if it was dead.

1 Like

I went back and looked. Is that cell #3 the same one that was balanced and then shows 1 volt?
It is not one that was added to the string in a different state of charge? It would then go dead before the others, and once a cell goes below 1.5v, it may be damaged.
It went low while driving?
I’m trying to determine if it was good and then went bad. Hoping it’s a fluke! :slight_smile:

Yes, it was balanced then dropped below 1v while driving, it was not added. I did notice that all cells dropped to about 2v while hard accelerating, that one just went way down and stayed down.

That doesn’t sound good. If they drop below 2.5 they are being damaged. Were they low maybe?
I’ll ask Mike, but I don’t think that should happen. If the bms were protecting batteries, it would shut down if a cell went to 2.5v. Be careful until we know what’s going on. If they are actually dropping to 2 volts, won’t last long.
See what they drop to when full.

Call me if you can. 516-524-1839

Replacements went out today. I may know what’s going on. There were several 10s on the shelf from same battery as yours. I decided to retest them and a cell seems bad in one of them.
It seems some slipped by my early testing procedure.
In any case let me know if voltage drop is severe. That means we have a problem drawing too much current, or insufficient capacity.
Michael @LithiumGods may not be monitoring his, I’ll ask.

Will do, I’m traveling again and won’t be home till tomorrow. Cells are within .04 of each other at this point.

No hurry. Cant get hold of mike for his input. He seemed confident in 60ah being enough. Of course its flat and warm in florida.