2009 Gem not staying on.

Mikey can’t wait to hear this story . Call me anytime . My goal is to help people get lithium in their Gems . You don’t need to buy anything from me . I have accumulated lots of knowledge thru the years and want to help others . Inwo and I have burnt up a lot of stuff (no barns) learning what Gems will do and wont do .

1 Like

Update: I finally have it all working now. Turns out had a bad BMS on one of the 12v lithium batteries. Once I got that replaced I was having a hard time charging with the 72 volt charger that was sent to me. Turns out it was causing the BMS in some of the batteries to trip trying to charge 6-12v batteries with a 72volt charger (no suprise there). We replaced the 72v charger with two 3 bank 12v chargers. Still having issues until I realized one of the banks on one of the chargers was bad. Got that charger replaced and now everything in finally working as it should. I haven’t tested the mileage I can get on a single charge yet but I did drive about 20 miles and the voltage still shows 74v on my meter. This was a long journey. Anyway I also upgraded a 48 volt cart with a single 48 volt lithium battery (instead of the 12v batteries like I used on the Gem) and a single 48v charger. It is working nicely and wasn’t quite the headache I went through with my first trip into lithium conversion.