2007 will move in reverse, but not forward

Hi. This morning, my 2007 eL would only work when I put it in reverse. When I put it in Drive (Low or High) and press the pedal, I hear a click (the solenoid?) but the car does not move and I get an error code of 82. It seems that the car does move forward ever so slightly, but nothing else. Any thoughts?

No replies…no worries. I had someone more knowledgeable with GEMs than me look at it. It is definitely the controller. Swapping the F1 and F2 cables going into the controller allows the car to move forward (with the directional switch in reverse). I still don’t know what error code 82 means, but am satisfied that it appears to be a controller fault. Hope this saves someone the time to troubleshoot.

Thanks for following up with your GEM issue. So does this mean there will be upgrades in your future, or will you replace with OEM parts?

Hi

on my gem e2
code 82 was bad speed sensor
look if you have any speed information on display then running

My issue with my EL is slightly different. It will not go into either forward or reverse due to the dashboard failing to turn on. I can here the relay or solenoid clicking when the key is turned but it goes out after a second.