2005 Gem e2 front wheel bearing replacement procedure

Hi guys.
Need a little help from the experts, please. My 2005 Gem car is making noise when turning the wheel to the left from stop or at slow speed. Sounds like the front right bearing is bad. I’m not a great mechanic but I was told that I should be able to do this repair myself. Just need a little info. If anyone has a repair procedure for replacing the bearing, I sure could use one. Also, a suggestion on the best place to purchase the bearing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Its been a while, but from i recall I had to take the steering knuckle out to get at it. So you split the tie rod end, unbolt the brake caliper & tie it up out of the way, remove the brake rotor and unbolt the shock.

For an 05 you should be able to find exploded parts diagrams at gemcarparts.com

Get it on the bench so you can get a puller and some heat on it. You may find that after 20 yeats on there that you have it take it to a michine shop to have them pull the bearing and press a new one on.

You will need new TC lip seals, the size should be on the outer race, they are, iirc, an odd thickness, a milimeter or two thinner than the common seal in that size, you may have to order them. You may be able to see the seal and get the number off it to order replacements wothout fully disassembly.

Bearing is an obscure double row. The trade number shoukdl be engraved on the inner race. On my '10, which had the same design, but maybe not the same part size, it was DAC305530/25 .

Youll need a small tie rod seperator. Get the small one with the split foot and the jacking bolt. A pickle fork may not fit and hammering on gem parts may break them. You can order new tie rod ends from nevaccessories.com

My 08 had snap rings holding the bearings in….and then I had to press the bearings out.

Now that you mention it, i think my '10 was like that too.

I had to break out an oxy-acetylene rosebud to get my old ones off the stub shafts.