2002 gem

I have an 2002 4 seater I upgraded my motor last year (7.5 hp) and had the controller reprogramed. i’m totally happy I the upgrade, however, when I drive more than 15-20 min. it shuts down giving a -41 code. I know its the heat sensor in the t-1 controller. what i’d like to know is, can I fix current contlr swap it out or upgrade to a t-2 . any help appreciated

You only have a 350 amp controller. The T2 is the same capacity with added control features. For continued HI Speed operation you need at least a 500 Amp control. This “problem” has been brought up in the past with 7.5 HP motors and reprogrammed stock controllers. Most owners don’t run fast for extended periods therefor don’t run into this problem.

Suggest you program the turf mode to stock 25MPH specs and use the performance mode when you want to “Git Er Done” (for short periods.)

If your running 40MPH I hope you have disc brakes. Stock brakes arent strong enough for speeds over 30.

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;22997]You only have a 350 amp controller. The T2 is the same capacity with added control features. For continued HI Speed operation you need at least a 500 Amp control. This “problem” has been brought up in the past with 7.5 HP motors and reprogrammed stock controllers. Most owners don’t run fast for extended periods therefor don’t run into this problem.

Suggest you program the turf mode to stock 25MPH specs and use the performance mode when you want to “Git Er Done” (for short periods.)

If your running 40MPH I hope you have disc brakes. Stock brakes arent strong enough for speeds over 30.[/quote]

thanks for the info my rebuilt t1 is in for the -41 code. will ask them to reprogram turf to 25 mph.

Do you have the R4F black motor or the RF4 blue motor.