1999 GEM E825 4 seat wheel stud size

I have a 1999 GEM E825 four seat that has 10mm wheel studs on the rear and 12mm wheel studs on the front. It has drum brakes front and rear. Is this normal to have two different size studs? Let me know. Thanks

My 2002 had 10mm front and back when it had drums front and back. Once I added disc brakes to the front those were 12mm and so were the offsets. I later I put Prius wheels and tires on the GEM and the rear needed offsets while the front did not so I moved the 12mm offsets to the rear and now I have 12mm studs both front and rear(but rear drums are still 10mm). If that makes any sense.

That makes sense. Mine has the original drums, I think. Has anyone seen later model drums that were 12mm? Maybe mine were replaced with a later model?

You can drill out the hole and install 12mm studs so maybe someone did that. It’s usually done for putting new wheels on where the 10mm studs won’t accept the lug nuts required.

Sounds good. I will probably put the 12mm studs in the rear so they all will match