COMPLETE list of GEM error CODES

You must be the same Old Houseboater that is on Boater Ed? Just read your post on Volvo Penta diesels.

Daniel

Daniel

You got it, can’t hide anywhere. Are youa boater? I moderate House Boating Magazine Forum also.

Rodney

Yes, in addition to the four GEMs at work, I have a Hunter 28.5. Considering moving up to a trawler. Interesting just how many Marinco parts are used on the GEM. I have been getting our GEM parts at West Marine!

Daniel

Bought a 2011 gem in 2013 a new car but was at dealer for 2 years.The batteries were bad,The batteries were replaced by the dealer. The car is 2 years old . I took my gem to the beach. I have a question for someone.Recently I can drive 7 miles and the turtle shows up current limit mode.Took it to the dealer they found a bad battery and it was replaced.Got car home and again at 7 miles turtle shows up I checked all batteries still show 12.4------12.8.Does the controller hold codes that have to be cleared for car to run right? If controller is reprogramed will it take care of this. I am considering one of the ride 4 fun motors and reprograms.Just wandering if this would take care of problem?

If the battery is properly charged and shows 12.4, it is no good. Please indicate any codes that are displayed. I am not familiar with the newer GEMs.

Daniel

The 12.4 was after running the 7 miles. When first charged they were 13.4 to 13.6. The current limit mode came on that when I checked voltage at 12.4 to 12.6.

Hmmm

You took the car to the beach. On the pavement or on the beach?

Jack each corner of the car and check for dragging brakes.

Feel all battery connections after running. Any of them hot?

What is your battery brand and model #?

is your tire diameter stock?

Also suggest you start a new thread as you have hijacked this one.

install an ammeter you should be running about 1 amp per MPH up to 17 MPH. up to 34 amps at 25 MPH

Best to cure the problem before upgrading.

Anyone have a clue what may be causing the GEM to throw error 5? Contactor does not seem to be activating.

Does it throw code when acc. is pressed or right away?

Code 5 appears when I press on the accelerator.

The accelerator is sending voltage to the control before the accelerator switch turns on. Or the switch isn’t working at all.
Check connections at accelerator and pin 3 at controller.

Hey I’ll try and make a long story short, when I took out all the flooded lead acid batterys out of my gem car the car rode so stiff it was a joke. Ya see the car was designed to carry almost 500 Lbs in battery and when I removed that weight the shocks were way to stiff. So I searched around and the only shocks that I could find were some Air Shocks off a Honda Gold Wing. Well they made the ride awesome but they are to soft and they don’t make stiffer springs Ect. I have come to the conclusion that a sway bar addition will fix my problem. The car rides great in a straight line it just handles like a desert truck on the road and the lean in the corners is insane. Well this is where it gets tough.
It’s hard to find any information because this is like a 1 off application. I was looking for some guidance in trying to set somthing up. Being a complete rookie at sway bars I am looking for some Ideas.

Here are some pics of the rear end

One more

Grant

You would do much better to mount the sway bar on the front. MUCH easier to do and more effective. Do the same measurements on the front of the cart.

Still waiting on my package of salvage.

Rodney

I’m sorry I posted this in the wrong Fourm (topic) can you delete this and post it in its own topic?

Hell of an Idea. Go for it.

Rodney

Something like this, but outside the shock mounts?

You can buy bushings all over.

Look around a salvage yard?

May not need links if you get geometry (pivot point) correct.

A spring shop could bend a piece of bar and heat treat it?

Or weld arms to the torsion bar reaching out to shock mounts?

I have a -19 on a 2000 GEM with Deltaq and Trojan batteries. ???

1 Like