What factors should you consider for a Head unit?

Sometimes it is hard for a person to know where to start looking for a car DVD player and what to look for.

The first thing you have to think about is where to buy the automotive DVD or component from. You could buy it from a bricks and mortar car audio store, which should be able to fit you with the system you need. You could also buy it on the internet from a Car DVD Players wholesaler, a source which often provides discount car DVD players for lower prices. However, there are still some key questions you will need to ask.

Will I get all the components I need?

There is nothing worse than paying good money for a car DVD player, going to install it and finding you still need to buy the speakers, TV tuners, TV antennas, wires, brackets or other components before it can be installed. After all, what is the point of buying an in dash car TV DVD player if you don’t get the tuner or aerial to make it work.

Who will install it?

This depends on where the car DVD player is being purchased. If purchased from a bricks and mortar store then it should be offered by the vendor as electronic goods cost more at stores than they do online.

Can I connect my USB devices or flash memory cards to the player?

More music and data you want shown in vehicles is stored on computers and USB and an increasing number of car DVDs have a plug-in function. These USB ports can also be a useful point to install Bluetooth cellular car phone kits.

What formats does it support?

Will it support MP3s or MPEGs? What about AVI files? If you are choosing a system that will accept USBs and flash memory cards it is always good to check that the system will accept the format of programs you store most often on flash.

What region DVD’s does this player accept?

DVD’s are becoming increasingly multi-regional but that doesn’t necessarily mean that every car DVD player will play every DVD. It is always a good idea to check which region of DVDs you are actually to make sure your dvd player car audio in dash unit is compatible with your collection.

How big is the screen?

The cost of LCD screens have come down a lot in last 12 months, as seen by Panasonic’s 150-inch LCD screen showcased at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show, which cost the same as the 109 inch screen the company put on display at the show the previous year. As a result, in dash car TV DVD players with 6.5 and 7 inch screens are considered to be the norm, and should be extremely affordable.

It’s got a screen, but is it a touch screen?

We all know what a touch screen is, it is one of the things that has made the iPod such a big hit globally. Touch screens are becoming increasingly common and automotive dvds with touch screens should not be astronomically priced. After all, there is nothing worse than hunting for a tiny knob when trying to change music whilst on the road.

Considering the functions you would like the Car TV DVD player to perform and finding out several pieces of pertinent information are essential if you want to get a good car DVD system that suits your needs.

There should be more factors to consider, such as the interfaces, the additional Bluetooth, Ipod entertainment, the warranty of the unit, etc, etc. It’s all based on your needs. From my experience, I think Head unit in [B]Eonon [/B]is quite satisfying, with as much as 2 year of warranty, fast delivery and great service. See how they welcomed by customers [B]here[/B]. it’s really a good place for car stereo fans to hunt. :smiley: