Universal Health Care

I just wanted to see what you guys thought about this:

I was having a beer with my neighbor yesterday, and we were discussing the sad state of affairs that the US seems to be in right now. I started to educate him on Solar power and EVs in particular and our conversation moved onto wind-power (which is being hotly contested here in VT of all places).

We then talked for a second on universal health care. We live close enough to Canada to know that their system isn’t all that desireable - takes forever to get seen since people go to the doctor for everything.

What about a per-visit fee? Like a co-pay, but a flat rate fee. For example, if a middle class family had to pay $50-$100 for a doctor visit, it would discourage going to the doctor for a case of the sniffles, but would be well-worth it if coughing up blood.

The price paid could be adjusted based on house-hold income, the point is to create a scenario where health care is accessable, yet deter doctors visits for every little sniffle.

What do you guys think?

That does pose a problem with their system but many other European countries have better health care systems in place but it costs the citizens 40%+ in taxes for such a system. If we can get the doctors and pharmaceutical industry to lower there outrageous prices. Then there might be a way to come up with a reasonable solution but until the multi billion dollar “give them a pill for everything attitude” is in place. The current health care system will be lousy.

[QUOTE=admin;86]That does pose a problem with their system but many other European countries have better health care systems in place but it costs the citizens 40%+ in taxes for such a system. If we can get the doctors and pharmaceutical industry to lower there outrageous prices. Then there might be a way to come up with a reasonable solution but until the multi billion dollar “give them a pill for everything attitude” is in place. The current health care system will be lousy.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

I sent an email to my Senator (Bernie Sanders) and, as expected, I got back a form letter - Woo-Hoo!

Sh*t will never change.