Th!nk City?

Does anyone know when Th!nk is supposed to be coming to souther California? It is my first choice car and I’d love to know when in 2009 it should arrive in the US? Thanks!!!

Kelly

Sorry Kelly, Think is looking at bankruptcy yet again. This will be the third time in 10 years.
tommyt

[QUOTE=KelK;5521]Does anyone know when Th!nk is supposed to be coming to souther California? It is my first choice car and I’d love to know when in 2009 it should arrive in the US? Thanks!!![/QUOTE]
If we are lucky, it may appear in late 2009. But the low oil prices right now are killing the EV industry.

Th!nk is indeed in bankruptcy (or “public administration” in Euro-speak) but they will emerge in some form.

No! Oh do I hope that is not true. That car can change everything, I have full faith in it.

http://www.think.no/think/Press-Pictures/Press-releases/Kleiner-Perkins-and-RockPort-Capital-two-leading-US-Cleantech-investors-launch-joint-venture-with-Norwegian-electrical-vehicle-company-Think

I hope it’s true, I’m definitely hoping so!

The web site says 180km per charge and a top speed of 100kph. That’s awesome. I want one. Anyone know how much they are going to cost?

“Under $25,000 USD”

For those that are interested in the Th!nk City:

I finally got an email back from the company in regard to when they plan to bring the company to the US, and this is what they said:

"Dear Kelly,

Thanks for your interest. The THINK City is currently only available to Norwegian customers, through car dealerships here in Norway. International launch has been postponed due to the negative effects of the global financial crisis. Please check back to our website at the end of 2009 for updates on international markets.

All information about the vehicle, is available on our website www.thinkev.com.

Best regards,
Anja Ree Aasheim
Marketing Coordinator
THINK"

It looks like they’re still in business, as they’re talking about building a plant in the US… Though how long it’ll take them to get a car on the road here I don’t know. http://www.think.no/think/Press-Pictures/Press-releases/Think-Announces-U.S.-Factory-Plans

And I just discovered that FORD has an electric car in the works for 2011, the Focus: http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/20/autos/ford_electric/index.htm

Looks like EV’s may be about to come of age. I just hope the current economy doesn’t wreck everyone’s plans.

I think we will see the Th!nk City in the USA in late 2010 in limited quantities. But even that is speculative. They are still in receivership (a Chapter 11 bankruptcy type of thing) yet they had the balls to announce plans for a US factory.

But in today’s green focus, it is all but certain that they’ll get funding. And they’ve got over 1600 car orders on back-log.

The big question is the American expansion . . . it appears to be contingent on US government funding. But they are not asking for much and the factory will created US jobs in that factory and in the Enerdel factory that makes batteries for the Th!nk. With a push by Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana, I think they could get the money for the factory.