Review Ford Fusion Hybrid

Images courtesy of Ford

Is the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid an improvement on the older models?

I am liking this car!

Read all about it here

Yes, the 2013 Fusion is a huge improvement over the last generation of Fusion.

It has been completely redesigned for 2013, has up to 22% better gas mileage, has touch sensitive dashboard controls and of course has a plug-in version (the Fusion Energi) that the last Fusion generation didn’t have.
Oh, and with new body materials Ford was able to make the Fusion lighter and 10% stronger than the previous generation.

Here is a link to a bunch of specs on the 2013 Fusion Energi and it talks about the upgrades from the previous generation:
Specs | Ford Fusion Energi Forum and Fusion Energi Owners Forum

The Fusion Hybrid is a great car. Way roomier than other “mid-sized sedans” in the electric field (yes, I’m talking about the Volt) and the new design is beautiful. I’ve driven the 2012 Hybrid and am looking forward to getting my hands on the 2013 Fusion Energi this summer (maybe even on the race track…). I think Ford has done a great job with the re-design of the Fusion and in diversifying the power plants available for it - 5 choices in all.

This, I think, is the future. Multiple energy choices for one vehicle model.

I haven’t had a chance to drive one yet, but at the autoshow i got to sit in them and they are REALLY nice, only thing i dont like about the plug in version is the huge battery bank in the trunk. it really limits the trunk space. Otherwise an amazing vehicle.

[QUOTE=FEUS;14704]I haven’t had a chance to drive one yet, but at the autoshow i got to sit in them and they are REALLY nice, only thing i dont like about the plug in version is the huge battery bank in the trunk. it really limits the trunk space. Otherwise an amazing vehicle.[/QUOTE]

I asked about that and they said they literally just couldn’t find another place for it. Since the batteries are thermally managed, they couldn’t spread them out in small pieces all over the car and for safety reasons, they can’t be up against the fuel tank (under the rear seat). I suspect that they’ll move to next-gen batteries in a couple of years and shrink that pack as a consequence.

[QUOTE=AaronTurpen;14707]I asked about that and they said they literally just couldn’t find another place for it. Since the batteries are thermally managed, they couldn’t spread them out in small pieces all over the car and for safety reasons, they can’t be up against the fuel tank (under the rear seat). I suspect that they’ll move to next-gen batteries in a couple of years and shrink that pack as a consequence.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. We’ll see. I’m sure they’ll end up swapping places with the fuel tank to keep the weight lower or something.

[QUOTE=FEUS;14708]I was thinking the same thing. We’ll see. I’m sure they’ll end up swapping places with the fuel tank to keep the weight lower or something.[/QUOTE]

The Fusion in its various iterations is almost exactly the same across the board, allowing them to be built on the same production lines with very few changes for each powertrain. That’s one reason that I doubt they’ll swap things around.

[QUOTE=AaronTurpen;14710]The Fusion in its various iterations is almost exactly the same across the board, allowing them to be built on the same production lines with very few changes for each powertrain. That’s one reason that I doubt they’ll swap things around.[/QUOTE]

yea as soon as I submitted that I was all :loco: “who are we kidding, they aren’t moving things around that much”

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Ford