Rear Fender Support Mount

Hey I wanted to share some pictures of my overly complicated and under engineered and overbuilt rear fender bracket/support. :slight_smile:

Like many people that have sub frame mounted rear fenders they tend to crack. The fender & Add in the complication of oversized wheels and rubbing issues & you have a recipe for frustration. I was inspired by some of the pictures that FireMickey & Rodney had posted. And decided I make will my own version of it.

Now that the rear fenders stays in place and the suspension move’s underneath it you have to account for the amount of travel the sub frame is going to give and make sure your fender has enough clearance this is almost impossible to guesstimate. And that’s why I have added the slots so that I can if need be adjust up or down backwards and forwards. My first attempt I thought I had the placement of the fender perfect only to find out it was rubbing so I had to remove the fender and add the adjustment slots after the fact :frowning:

Another reason the fender seems to crack overtime is because the fender has only a few small attachment points and most of the cracking seems to occur on these small attachment points.

So starting with the attachment points the first thing I decided to do was make a long flat support piece on the top and instead of relying on screwing it down I used a rubberized glue that I’ve worked with before that works very well for bonding, so the fender is actually glued down to the aluminum support pieces and that’s a good thing because The top of the fender is not perfectly flat and the thick glue works as a gasket or cushion that fills the gap’s between the long flat aluminum piece and the bottom of the curved plastic fender and works as a barrier for vibration.

Here is a picture of the braquet from the side.

This is what the Fender mounts to on car.

This is the underside of the Fender where the Fender attaches to the Aluminum support piece.