Not an EV owner, but obsessed with cars

Hello, I’m new here, and I’m the author of the article Mark just posted a link to in the “Charging Points” subforum, the article about California legislators trying to make it possible for utility companies to get involved in the EV charging business.

I thought I should introduce myself. I’m a freelancer for the SF Examiner Newspaper, and I love cars. Many months ago I applied for a sales position at the Burlingame Tesla Store, but they never called me in for an interview.

:frowning:

I would have loved to have worked there, not just because the product is so cool, but also because doing auto sales without the pressure of working on commission would be a dream come true.

Beyond that, I can’t think of much more to say about myself at the moment. Cheers!

Welcome to our humble abode buddy! it’s great to have you with us!

Thanks! Say, did anybody here happen to catch the Car & Driver article from many months ago where Car & Driver realized the Nissan Leaf’s ultra-low center of gravity might make it a good race car, so they put some sticky tires on it and took it autocrossing?

Stuff like that really intrigues me. These machines can be so much more than the economy cars they’re viewed as.

Formula E could be huge for the industry once it gathers some momentum. All traditional car technology of today was tried and tested on F1 cars of yesteryear.

Hello, I just received the following notification:

Dear PacificaBren,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Electric Car Forum and Electric Vehicle Community with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 176.10.104.243

All the best,
Electric Car Forum and Electric Vehicle Community

This was probably just an automated attack from random script kiddies, but I just wanted to post and say that was definitely not me trying to log in, and if any spam or otherwise inappropriate content gets posted from this account, it was not me.

Thanks, and sorry to trouble you.

Hi PacificaBren

First of all welcome to the forum - we hope that you find it helpful and informative.

I would also welcome more of your very well informed input. The greater the awareness of EVs the better for all concerned.

Regards,

Mark

p.s. A number of members have experienced random hacks on their accounts but the anti-hacking system is working fine. There is nothing to worry about.

Thanks Mark, glad to hear it!