New to the forum

What does this mean? Is this version going away? I submitted a new post here, just like this one, and it showed up? More clear, concise direction would be helpful.

ALSO, why do I have to log in using the silly social media cesspool like Facebook. I don’t participate in those manipulative, money making media tools gimmicks.

[quote=tomgunn;34011]What does this mean? Is this version going away? I submitted a new post here, just like this one, and it showed up? More clear, concise direction would be helpful.

ALSO, why do I have to log in using the silly social media cesspool like Facebook. I don’t participate in those manipulative, money making media tools gimmicks.[/quote]

“If all else fails read the instructions”. No need to use Facebook or any other “media cesspool”. Just register, log in and follow through sub headings for GEM NEV forum. Kinda “clear and concise”, hey? So easy even us cavemen can do it.

Hi. I just looked at your new forum. I’m sorry to say that I won’t be advancing to it. It is to confusing. It also seems to not have an area dedicated to Gems. I’m not interested in other nevs, only gems. I don’t want to filter through all of the other stuff. Signing off, Barry.

Rather snide response, buddy. MY EXPERIENCE: opened this site. Had message on new version with link that said go to new version. I did. Page came up asking me to log in with 1. FACEBOOK. 2 TWITTER. THOSE WERE THE TWO CHOICES. NO OTHER OPTIONS. Maybe instruction was there. I did not see them. NOT CLEAR AND CONCISE. If you have a problem with my description of social media, perhaps you should just keep your snide comments to yourself and focus on leaving well enough alone, and learn how to write documentation so folk can follow it. Seems I am not alone in this opinion. Have a nice day with your conceit. Sorry you had to denigrate cavemen to make whatever point you were trying to make. Have a nice day.

I’m guessing the format will stay the same… be nice to each other thru the transition

Bob

The new forum is really sub-par, but please stick with it Barry. It will be our only voice out there and I really enjoy your input.

While I don’t have much to say, I monitor this forum almost daily and contribute when I can. My batteries just completed their sixth year and I’m seriously looking at a Lithium conversion. This forum is going away. The new one will be my only source of input for my GEM.

So I hope all the regular contributors to this forum will migrate over and we’ll all learn how to use it to our best advantage.

Please,
Don

guys and gals… think that the Forum will get better… Emilio is busting his butt… if you’re on FB… drop by my group…

Don… look at Lithium Boost for a commercial lithium conversion… or Grant West here on the Forum for the DIY way to go… hope you got your squeaker

Bob

Bob, thanks for the Facebook invitation but I don’t use the unsafe system. It doesn’t seem like the forum police are listening about the Gem only area. I’m not overly computer savy and don’t like change much. The head cop talks way over my head. It’s Gem only or nothing! I just dropped my 43 year newspaper subscription. I don’t miss it. I worked for 5 decades at the same place. I told hr only that I could be retiring on my b-day. I left without a good bye. I haven’t been back. I don’t miss it. Pleasant life for you all.

Barry… don’t go away… I chose April 1st to leave a job after 15 years and sent a voicemail… didn’t have a cell at that time… just a 800 number vm… my computer skills are limited… ditched the paper as well… they wanted $200 for a year… haven’t missed anything… can watch the news and see what I would’ve read… they cut the funnies back and I found all I need in line…

sent my car to Innovation Motorsports in AZ for a winter break… they have been wanting to ‘pimp’ it forever… can’t wait to see it done

Bob

I just put in Trojan t-1275s and can agree that this is the gold standard for a 2002 GEM car. I also bit the bullet and upgraded the charger to the Ride-4-Fun heavy duty USA made charger.