Model 3 enthusiasm

I just had solar panels installed, bought an ego electric lawn mower and I’m excited about getting an ev. Tesla’s latest news about the model 3 has stoked that enthusiasm. How much will the incentives be worth, and is there anything that I should know that would temper my enthusiasm?

They haven’t built any yet.

Elon Musk is taking a massive risk if he isnt sure he can actually make the car. If he gets this wrong the bad PR could not only ruin Tesla but it could put the EV industry back many years. This next couple of years are vital to the electric car industry!

made my reservation for the model 3 2 weeks ago. at the moment I’m not particularly fond of the dash board. ie…there isn’t one. rumors are that there would be a heads up display which will work for me.

I probably wont see this car until late 2017-2018 but cant wait to see how it evolves.

Hi Yikes

First of all welcome to the forum.

I think there will be a few additions and amendments to the car before the first one rolls off the production line - I bet you cant wait :slight_smile:

Would you mind keeping us up to date with communications from Tesla?

Regards,

Mark

[quote=EvForum;30244]Hi Yikes

First of all welcome to the forum.

I think there will be a few additions and amendments to the car before the first one rolls off the production line - I bet you cant wait :slight_smile:

Would you mind keeping us up to date with communications from Tesla?

Regards,

Mark[/quote]

sure thing

after almost a year, I finally canceled my order for the tesla 3. what was never told to me although I should have figured it out that the model 3 was not included in the free super charging program. this was actually one of the reason why I decided to buy a model 3. my fault for not being a more informed potential buyer. also ive been teetering for the last year on whether I could swing getting the model s. If I’m not mistaken and correct me if I’m wrong…even the model S ordered after jan 15 2017 is not eligible for 100% free supercharging. I was told there would be a limit of about 400 kwhs free then a small fee will be accessed. well so much for free FOREVER that I heard musk say. still, I’m not going to say ill never buy an electric car, just that I am disillusioned by these event. maybe in the future…but not now. I may look into the Mercedes electric car when its available…we’ll see

Just to update this thread, I have a Model 3 if anyone has questions.